Life/work Baku

Hello,

Could some expats/ locals give me a little advice please.

I have been offered a job in Baku, paying 3000euro net per month plus an appartment and car. I have a wife to support.

Is this a good package for living in Baku? Is life expensive there?

What is the city of Baku like? The closest place I have been to is Tbilisi, are there any similarities?

Thank you

Hello mcgavock.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Thanks.

Karen :)

Hi mcgavock,

You can survive well with this package but cannot save if you like social life. Packages vary too much between eachother. Try to get flight ticket at least 4 times a year, 6 is also possible for some companies.
Bargain also for cable tv, internet, weekly home cleaning, electricity, water and communal expenses of the appartment. In total they will give  you chance to have 2 dinners with your girlfriend :)

Hi.I am a local one.3000 is not bad,enough to live in Baku-if u r not planning something in ur own country.Tbilisi is not same Baku-i was there 2 years back.it is cheaper in Tbilisi.but if u want to collect money for something-it will be a little difficult,i suppose.better to ask foreigners.

Dear doctora,

Thanks for your contribution. If you dont mind may I request your email address so that I ask you some issues about Azerbaijan.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Mert from Turkey

Ok.
[email protected]
[email protected]
i am glad to help.
bye.