JUST FOR FUN: Describe KSA using a movie title

Hey there good people
I invite you to take a moment -or few =p - to describe ksa using one movie title.
Both locals and expats are welcomed to post any title they think is fitting of ksa. This is for fun so don't hold back and if you are offended then this is not a topic for you.

To get the ball rolling here is my title:
"The good, the bad and the ugly" =D

My topic is...

"The sweet, the sweeter, the sweetest"

hmmm mine is "Escape".......its a 1998 movie its good and still happening now adays. :)

For me as an expat who's living his whole life in Saudi Arabia, I'd say "Home Alone"

Lol glad you guys dropped by

JasfurJQ wrote:

hmmm mine is "Escape".......its a 1998 movie its good and still happening now adays. :)

Haha love it, I gotta watch the movie and I bet I'll be laughing whenever someone says the word escape

Sorry you feel that way about it though

aman11022 wrote:

For me as an expat who's living his whole life in Saudi Arabia, I'd say "Home Alone"

You lived here all ur life yet alone? Gotta be tough my friend

Still its home my man and we are here for ya. Thats what this site is about

Local Brownie wrote:

Lol glad you guys dropped by

I love watching movies it can be addapt from everyday life as well as music but I stopped collecting and listening to music so I get my full atttention in watching movies :D .

Local Brownie wrote:
JasfurJQ wrote:

Haha love it, I gotta watch the movie and I bet I'll be laughing whenever someone says the word escape

No worries, this is just a summary, actually its a true story about an american engineering (Treat Williams). He was held up by his rich saudi boss, who seems threatening and harrassing him. He found his way out of saudi by asking help from his friend and did you know how he escaped? hihihi just watch it? Some country change the title like "Escape from Saudi Arabia" and "Human Cargo"....enjoy!!!! :)

JasfurJQ wrote:
Local Brownie wrote:
JasfurJQ wrote:

No worries, this is just a summary, actually its a true story about an american engineering (Treat Williams). He was held up by his rich saudi boss, who seems threatening and harrassing him. He found his way out of saudi by asking help from his friend and did you know how he escaped? hihihi just watch it? Some country change the title like "Escape from Saudi Arabia" and "Human Cargo"....enjoy!!!! :)

Hahaha now I'll make sure I watch it

"the kingdom" lol

DrHassanMalik wrote:

"the kingdom" lol

Haha I must say, that's the most accurate so far

Dude... hw can anyone miss it... "Cast Away" ..just that our 'WILSON' is a laptop here....

Kymadoce wrote:

Dude... hw can anyone miss it... "Cast Away" ..just that our 'WILSON' is a laptop here....

Haha good one, I miss Wilson

Lost in desert

It is a south african movie from 1970

mudassarkazi wrote:

Lost in desert

It is a south african movie from 1970

Whats it about? Besides the obvious part lol

What about American Beauty?

Jaime.to wrote:

Ummm care to explain?  I fail to see the connection lol

Jaime.to wrote:

is he talking about physical apperances or the attitudes of the local.....:) !!!???

Well, the structure of the city is typical of the worst American urban planning, sprawled and car dependent. So the physical appearances are there even if the architecture is different of course.

People in saudi seem to be very convinced of the lifestyle (the propper islamic way of living) but all get crazy when travel abroad (almost all, of course)... In all senses...

American beauty shows the perfect American dream in a apparently perfect family, where in reality everyone is deeply frustrated. It reminds me of this country when people has to keep an appearance when deep inside they would like something else, the something else they do abroad.

No offense please, I am generalizing but the film reminds me of the behavior of certain people in this place.

Jaime.to wrote:

Well, the structure of the city is typical of the worst American urban planning, sprawled and car dependent. So the physical appearances are there even if the architecture is different of course.

People in saudi seem to be very convinced of the lifestyle (the propper islamic way of living) but all get crazy when travel abroad (almost all, of course)... In all senses...

American beauty shows the perfect American dream in a apparently perfect family, where in reality everyone is deeply frustrated. It reminds me of this country when people has to keep an appearance when deep inside they would like something else, the something else they do abroad.

No offense please, I am generalizing but the film remind me of the behavior in this place.

You really blew my mind Jamie
You are right on the mark in this one, I just failed to see it your way but now I do and I applaud your honesty.

Could also be Truman's show...

And then who do you think is Truman in KSA?

Jaime.to wrote:

Could also be Truman's show...

And then who do you think is Truman in KSA?

I would say every and each one of us.

If I was Truman, I would do anything I want and no one would complain.
Truman did anything he wanted and everyone acted consequently.

I think we all behave in front of the ones I think would be Truman. When "Truman" is gone, then everyone relaxes... As if we all belong to the perfect background scene. Lol!

Any other film?

Jaime.to wrote:

If I was Truman, I would do anything I want and no one would complain.
Truman did anything he wanted and everyone acted consequently.

I think we all behave in front of the ones I think would be Truman. When "Truman" is gone, then everyone relaxes... As if we all belong to the perfect background scene. Lol!

Any other film?

I guess you are right, however, it is also found around the world but not as prominent as it is here in ksa, I think Truman's show is more global than local, it speaks of humans,  all humans, and not one society in particular.

How about "good fellas" =D