Transferrable Iqama

Is there a way to know if your iqama is transferrable (without asking HR, at which point you've 'tipped' your hand lol)?

I don't understand this.  Does it have anything to do with the letter of no objection?

there are some professions for which the iqama is transferable...for the rest, its non transferable iqama. even for the transferable iqama, there is a period of 2 years to work with the sponsor...what is the profession on the iqama for whcih u wanna know the transfer thingy?

then is it possible to have both the passport and the iqama in one's possession? What are the criterias if any?
I feel unsecure giving away my passport to someone I hardly know and I suppose to trust them.

I feel unsecure giving away my passport to someone I hardly know and I suppose to trust them.

I'd feel the same if it were some fly-by-night, bullshit employer.  If you feel that it's a fly-by-night, bullshit employer please, don't take the job to begin with!

I'd been contacted about jobs in Saudi many times over the years because I've always had my resume posted online.  However, after investigating, I just didn't feel good about the employer.  Go with your gut.  You know, somebody can promise you the moon but if they don't deliver, where does that leave you?  So salary, benefits, etc. are only as good as the employer who is promising them.

When you have a GOOD employer--who is holding the passports of hundreds of employees because it's policy--you won't feel insecure (if by insecure you fear it's going to 'disappear').
HOWEVER, that said--when your passport is being held, it keeps you in-country.  Your employer will always know when you go OUT of country--even for a weekend--because you'll have to request your passport (and definitely have to file paperwork if you need a day or two off work and then wait to have it approved).  Nothing can be 'spontaneous' around here--well, unless you have a car and stay incountry.

I feel much more insecure about handing over my passport when staying in small hotels in Europe and they want to hold your passport (to be sure you settle your final bill).  THAT makes me nervous.

BTW, in case you don't know,  you should photocopy the first page  of your passport, the entry visa page--and, if you get a multiple entry visa, copy that, too.

Salam to you all, I've been checking alot of info online and getting from friends at KSA.
I was there for many years and after being away for a while, might consider going back to start work in the networking/IT field.

I understand that it's very important to have a good kafeel (which is hard to find, if luck ins't in your way) But I also wanted to know :-

1. What's the difference getting a transferable/non-transferable iqama, as far as having a kafeel is concerned?

2. Let's say i have a 2 year contract and a month away, if I'd want to leave the country to work for another company, is it allowed, as long as I've finished the contract?

Many thanks,
Muhammad B.

hello,
i want to know what are the profession for the transferable iqama
and how to know if my iqama is transferable?
thank's

I think most companies do not issue transferable iqamas. Their reasons being that they spend so much money recruiting so they do not want others to benefit. In my position I am at one of reviewing CV's and we tried several times to get ppl with great experience to work with us but they had non-transferable iqama's. I think a good solution would be to scout around for a good job. Get the agreement going. resign from your work (and don't tell even ur best friend ur applying elsewhere just in case ur employer is full of ....). leave the country and get back in. this is what we did with those InKingdom people who like to get better jobs.

In my experience, most companies give employees transfers to other companies. I myself has taken it 4 times so far. Once you complete your contract period, you can ask for the transfer. If they agree, they allow you a smooth transfer. Otherwise legally no one can stop them from sending you back to your country.

By the way, if your current sponsor is not the one who brought you in the KSA, as per labor law, he HAS to give you the transfer of sponsorship (MORALLY and ETHICALLY) coz you were 'locally-hired'.

The non-transferable status has mainly emerged from the 2 years restriction law applied a few years back.

Coming back to the question, there are a few professions which are NOT transferable in nature (for example a farmer), labour is not one of such.

imraan007 wrote:

I think a good solution would be to scout around for a good job. Get the agreement going. resign from your work (and don't tell even ur best friend ur applying elsewhere just in case ur employer is full of ....). leave the country and get back in. this is what we did with those InKingdom people who like to get better jobs.

The problem with this is that it can take MONTHS to get back.  A friend of mine did this.  He left the first week in August and didn't get the return visa until the last week in November because the problem is, you have to have everything verified all over again, get all your medical testing again, etc. etc.

True it happened ti me. Took me 3 months to get back

how is it?
my friend here is on residence visa?
can he apply?

[Moderated: pls send details in private]

Hi my name is Sufeyan and i came to Ksa two months ago on Azad Visa and having rigger meaning on Iqama. Actually i'm Accountant by profession and I have passed Intermediate examinations of ICAP and now in the final stage of my qualifications. I received an offer of Accountant in reputable organisation with following conditions.
1. Change the profession meaning from iqama, these expenses will be be paid by me, but i don't know how to change the profession meaning.
2. Transfer my visa to new employer. My current employer is ready to give me transfer but new employer imposes a restriction in the contract form that if i will be fired or resign then i'l have to leave Saudi Arabia. Since i am hired locally and not brought by new employer. Do they have this right of not giving any further transfer, keeping in mind that i'm hired locally. I would be highly obliged if you clarify these matters to me as per Article 83,84 and 85.

I have just been terminated from my work and HR informed me that they are giving me a transferable iqama, so that I can find any company willing to take my employment. My question becomes, what are the advantages of being given a transferable iqama? Or even, how do I take advantage of having one?

@soul_crafter316 > this is an old and inactive topic. Please feel free to start a new thread. Good luck

Yes, old topic.

But transferable Iqama means just that i.e. you can look for a job and the new company can transfer your visa to them.  If you didn't have a transferable Iqama, you would have to leave KSA on a final exit and then come in on a new visa.  That is literally the only advantage.

I just want to share what I learn what a big advantage of a transferable iqama gives. Once you get one, you have the opportunity to transfer to another company after your contract with the next company has expired... given that this next company is in understanding that they did not pay for your Visa and you have every right to change to another company as long as your contract allows.

This was explained to me but I haven't put it in practice yet... So next time I get in an interview, I would need to clarify if they will allow me to remain with the transferable iqama and move to another/better company if opportunity allows.

That's what I said.   What they are saying is "we will transfer your iqama if you find a job".    Usually they link it to a time period i.e. stay here for a few months, try to find a job and if you get one, we will transfer Iqama.  If you don't find a job by the end of that time period, we will cancel your iqama and give you a final exit visa.

And it is not a BIG advantage as you put it.  Every single Iqama is transferable provided the sponsor gives a release letter / NOC or is wiling to do the transfer in the system and pay the fees.  However, they CAN refuse to do the transfer and in this case, the transferable Iqama is not "transferable" :)  only in rare few cases can you transfer without consent of sponsor.  So basically, they are just being nice by saying that we will let you transfer if you find a job....and that is it.

Other ways includehttps://scontent.fjed4-3.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/44167136_10215976632262374_1897431433710927872_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent.fjed4-3.fna&oh=95d601e05ac7ba49da38134af2fb94e9&oe=5C7E8A03

Yes that is what I was saying - these are the only ways you can transfer without consent.  But the point was, any iqama is transferable if sponsor agrees and it is not a big advantage.

hi just want to seek advised my husband 3 transfer end the contract and the company wants him to signed new contract with some revisions that he is not accepting so the company told him if he will refused to signed the contract will be terminated and he will exiting..is it fair and just...hes not orinally come from phils. he was only transfer with them ans he finished the 1st yr of the contract.