Movie Night, Intellectual high class Gatherings &Short Weekend trips

Dear Expats in Oman,
I am new to Muscat and Oman. Just getting settled. I kind of still missing a real Cultural and real Intellectual life here.

I am expat well travelled and very open minded .. lived in Canada, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, recently Oman and visited all Europe, around 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and almost all Middle East ..  well cultured .. love to try new things and travel and learn .. know people .. have quality time .. dont waste time .. etc
expect you guys to have similar interests and ONLY Similar interest .. no time wasters .. no showing off-ers .. no shallow people .. no single interest assholes (excuse my French!)
:)
Nice .. friendly .. well cultured .. high class (intellectually) .. hungry to learn .. etc .. diverse .. any nationality .. all genders .. all ages .. wise .. love to help others .. volunteered at certain time in their lives .. Just and Justice lovers .. no fundamentalists .. no Extremists whether snoppish, who hate certain race or color or religion or gender .. no supporters of violence or cruelty against any Human being or Animal or PLant .. 

If all that sounds familiar to you .. sounds fun to you .. lets do things together as a group or as individuals .. whatever .. We can start informal meetings and coffee and so on .. then I am plannig to put in place a specific plan for:

1- Movie night: at my place or any place comfy for all

2- Short trips to nearby cities: based on cultural discovery and research and using lonely planet or so to discover places and experience new knowledge about Oman and its extensive History, culture, people and natural wonders.

3- Dialogue Cafe/circle; where we gather to discuss some topic and enhance and share our knowledge and learning about any topic we can think of or imagine within strict rules of discussion and facilitation that should come naturally by us cz we are high class human being/intellectuals

4- Happiness attacks; this is kina of new concept I will explain later but for now .. I would like to say; this Thursday, August 22, 2013. There is a Birthday part of a little boy turning 7 years old. He is a new comer to Muscat too and he doesnt have friends yet. I want to invite few people to go to his house (his father is my good friend) and we make a surprise appearance to him with ballons and little things that make sound and stuff. He asked his dad he wants to have a birthday part and when his dad/my friend asked him whom we invite then, he said Ammo/uncle Karim (myself) then he stopped with sad face cz he doesnt know anyone else in town. I want uncle Karim to make him a different kina Birthday party :) Would you be interested?? it sounds crazy but who cares? huh? .. he lives in the Wave so if you are nearby or willing to make that effort? if you have children and wana do something totally crazy with them .. feel free :) call me on this phone 92032179 Karim

(P.S. for above I ll be little dictator in applying certain rules and measures to ensure quality time and benefits by all of us .. in a good way of course but just wanted you to know that it s not just a shallow thing)

Waiting your responses and inputs and ideas ..
All the best
:)

Hi Karim ... Welcome to the Forum & Welcome to Oman :)

Thanks a lot for your interesting post and the ideas within, really great initiative and hope that you would hear from some of the active members on the forum who certainly would love to share with you such interesting ideas.

Unfortunately I'm out of Muscat next weekend, otherwise would have loved to joined the birthday party on Thursday to draw a little smile on the little boy's face; I like the idea a lot indeed.

I'm meeting couple of EB friends tomorrow evening, PM me if you would like to join us and get to know some of the active members on the forum. This was a quick meet up arrangments that's why I didn't post it on the forum. But for sure with such initiative like yours and others; frequent meet ups could be arranged.

Best Regards :)

Hello Hello VD,
Thanks for your supportive response and information. It is great to connect with good people around here indeed.

I ll be busy with few things this evening but if your meeting is on my way I would love to pass by say hi for sure.
I will write you to get info.
Thanks once again and looking forward
K.

hllau9!
I take it as Psychology :D