Shipping Books/CD's

I will be moving/retiring to Corozal Aug 30. I have a few boxes with books and CD's.  Can anyone suggest the best (as in cheapest) way to transport these items? I am thinking about putting them in a large suitcase and paying the airline a small ransom or maybe mailing them.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.  I mailed a large box of science and reference books to a young relative in Michigan from South Carolina via the USPO and it costs around $15.00. Sending the same box to Corozal will cost triple that or more, I would guess.

Thanks for suggestions to come.

John, you are in for a shock.  I checked on sending moderate sized box from Atlanta via post office and UPS.   $70-over $200 for a moderate sized box.   If you can get your things to a shipper, they can combine with other shipmenets for a resonable price.   Hyde out of Florida &  there is a guy from Texas who drives thru Mexico. 

We have used Hyde and it is in process, as I write this.  I will share more about this experience when it is complete.  People tell me that the humidity here is had on books.   We will see.

Ok  that settles it.  I will just bring them with me on the flight.  Thanks for the info

Hi....maybe this might come late to you but I usually used seaboard marine, office in Belize city for shipping

OK I will check them out, Thanks