Commuting to work, Spain - Gibraltar

Hi, I've recently applied for jobs in Gibraltar, part of the adverts included a 'relocation package' with some luck this will be in Gibraltar within walking distance from work, but I understand this is a huge long shot..!

I am expecting the relocation package to be a flat/house in a town in southern Spain, so my questions are;

Best form of transport? Car or Scooter?
Are the problems being reported over in England about the border an over reaction? Would a scooter be able to 'queue jump'?
From Spain to Gibraltar across the border how long could I be made to queue?
If I got a car and parked it in Spain and walked across the border is the public transport around the border regular enough/reliable enough to get into work on time?
How far is the city centre/business district away from the border? Walking distance?

Any response would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Neil

NeilAnt wrote:

Hi, I've recently applied for jobs in Gibraltar, part of the adverts included a 'relocation package' with some luck this will be in Gibraltar within walking distance from work, but I understand this is a huge long shot..!

I am expecting the relocation package to be a flat/house in a town in southern Spain, so my questions are;

Best form of transport? Car or Scooter? scooter
Are the problems being reported over in England about the border an over reaction?no Would a scooter be able to 'queue jump'?there is a separate queue often around one hour to leave Gib
From Spain to Gibraltar across the border how long could I be made to queue? It's really impossible to tell
If I got a car and parked it in Spain and walked across the border is the public transport around the border regular enough/reliable enough to get into work on time? yes
How far is the city centre/business district away from the border? Walking distance?Max 2 km

Any response would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Neil

Regards

Grumpy

Only to endorse what Grumpy has said but you may wish to check out the Gib webcam for the frontier queue.