Applying for Credit Card before 3 months in KSA

Dear All EB members,

It is completely bone idol that banks do not give you a credit card before 3 months inside saudi which is a complete joke....as i can not buy anything online as i only have an ATM Card.

Is there any bank in Riyadh that will give me a Visa or Credit card now instead of after 3 or 6 months???

I know that you can apply for a pre paid credit card but that not what is not what i am after!!!

I don't see the problem i am earn over 20,000 plus per month
I am a British national with over 980 credit score in the UK
Its not like i am leaving the country any time soon :S???

thank you

That is very strange.
Within 1 week of getting my Iqama I had 2 credit card applications in.
It might have something to do with the bank, the fact that I go straight onto a Premier account with SABB and my company banks with them. But it seemed to be standard.

I opened an account and had 2 application forms thrust under my nose to sign.. 1 for Visa and 1 for MasterCard.

choudhers wrote:

pre paid credit card

Is there anything as pre-paid credit card available in Saudi Arabia? Sorry being off the topic guys

choudhers wrote:

Dear All EB members,

It is completely bone idol that banks do not give you a credit card before 3 months inside saudi which is a complete joke....as i can not buy anything online as i only have an ATM Card.

Is there any bank in Riyadh that will give me a Visa or Credit card now instead of after 3 or 6 months???

I know that you can apply for a pre paid credit card but that not what is not what i am after!!!

I don't see the problem i am earn over 20,000 plus per month
I am a British national with over 980 credit score in the UK
Its not like i am leaving the country any time soon :S???

thank you

Applying for credit cards in Saudi Arabia falls under The Saudi Credit Bureau (SIMAH ), which follows the law of the Saudi Monetary Agency (SAMA), which has an independent scoring rates and procedures followed from those in other countries.

Also banks do not distinguish between nationalities, but rather between salaries, except for some EU tax forms, so I expect the citizenship not to do much. I might be wrong though.

I would accept the regulations when I get to England and await the approval of their banks' credit cards, or get my credit card from Saudi Arabia along with me.

Regards,

Don't you have a CC from back home? CCs are international and you can use it anywhere!!