Life in Malta

Hi, Phil and I arrived from Sydney, Australia last July to reside in Malta.

We lived for the first 6-months in Marsaskala before purchasing our home in Birgu.   We moved into the house on 21st December and from February 2013 started the renovation work.  It's still going on!   

Phil has created a blog on the work so far and it makes for fascinating reading I can tell you!

We love the lifestyle that Malta offers and enjoy the house and surrounding area very much.

We brought 2 cats from Australia both arriving 22/12/12 but unfortunately one of our beloved cats only lasted a few days before we had her put to sleep.   Caby our remaining black cat enjoys her sunny courtyard very much, thank you!

We look forward to perhaps meeting with some of you over a drink and discovering your thoughts on life in Malta.
Cheers, Chris and Phil

Hi Chris and Phil,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

That's such a lovely post.. hope you guys meet some nice people soon :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hi christine ann,

Welcome to the forum! First of all, I am sorry to hear about your cat :(

As Maximilien mentioned, it is indeed a lovely post and it's nice to know that things are working out for you guys. I actually only been to Marsaskala once, and I really liked the area, lovely marina in the middle of the town and plenty of nice bars and restaurants around. Never been to Bigu but I hope I will have the opportunity to see how it looks like. Me and my family are also planning in settling down here in Malta too and who knows one day, we will also be able to buy our property in future, time will tell :)

Best of luck to all of you!

Cheerio,
Antonio