Kindergartens in Haizhu district/ options for 2 year old

Hi,

I'm moving over to Guangzhou in one week! I'm looking for a good pre-school/ kindergarten/ daycare for my 2 year old, preferably in Haizhu District (I'll be working at Number 6 high school). My son's main language is French (I'm from the US but have been living in France). Some French-speaking would be a plus, but not a requirement. Most important is that kids receive a lot of love, individual attention, hands-on experience.

My concern about getting an aiyi is that he would be bored without other people around. He is used to a lady who takes 4 kids at a time, in her home surrounded by her family and neighbors. Does anything comparable exist over there? Do people sometimes share aiyis so their kids can play together? Or do aiyis sometimes take kids into their own homes, or come to yours with their kids? For him to be alone with her (without getting bored and missing me), she'd have to be really exceptional. Or maybe I'll do a half-day kindergarten and half-day with an aiyi...

Any playgroups in the Haizhu district?

I am also looking for an appartment.

Any advice appreciated!!!

Many thanks,
Kate

My advice is not to fully entrust your kid to an Ayi with no strong background recommendation from a very trusted friend. Please take care of your child as I don't want to see you posting blogs about how disappointed you are in your Ayi.

Apartments are abundant. You can easily find it.

I think your situation going to a kindergarden is better.because as a local people I didnot hear that ayi will take care several child at onetime in Guangzhou.and maybe you can go to ersha island to find the kindergarden which is suitable for your child.beacause there are many foreigner living there.so you also can find a apartment there.and you can make some friends.:)

Hi, I am Julita. Are you in Guangzhou now. I live in Guangzhou in Haizhu district. Metro station is line 2 or 8. may be we can meet somewhere if you in Guangzhou now. My email s [email protected]     I am Indonesian but live in US before, the Florida state jacksonville city the longest I stayed.

Hello julita young

Thank you for your participation on this thread, however kindly note that it is inactive since almost one year now.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

Hello,

We are in a similar situation. We will be moving to Haizhu with our 18 month year old in February. I would be very interested to know how your plan eventuated in terms of child care arrangements and finding an apartment!!

Hello,
I would like to recommend this amazing place
jjbeducation.com
It is a Montessori centre for children 0-3 and their families. International environment.
Thanks,

Hi, I am a Chinese and live in Guangzhou. I got my education from Hong Kong. I am a fluent English speaker and want to make friends with native English speakers. If you also want to learn Mandarin or Cantonese, contact me. We can hand out during the weekends. In addition, I have a daughter who is about two years old. We (i.e. me and my wife) want her to learn some English too. It would be better if you also have a child. Contact me through wechat:49889560