My First 18 Days in Morocco

Hi All;
I hope that you are well.
I have to first start by being grateful. I am here, well, eating, and enjoying what I have seen so far! Mostly, the beautiful ocean.

The people that I met since I've been here are trying their level best to make me comfortable...they are awesome individuals!

Ok, now down to the nitty gritty...I came from the U.S., Maryland to be exact. I am a teacher, a mother of 7, and grandmother of 6!

I miss my family more than I ever thought that I might! My 21 year old son is here with me, and that helps a great deal.

Apparently I am not in a very good part of Morocco. A friend arranged for someone to help me find a place. Its near the ocean...that part is wonderful but I am constantly reminded of the danger that I am in as far as, talking on the cell in public, that I should clutch my purse tightly while walking, etc. Pretty much like some parts of Washington D.C.

I was totally unprepared as far as the language...French. I don't speak much of it, to say the least! I'm lonely, and would like to see more of Morocco, but the funds are running low...

But...I really am grateful to be here! Doesn't sound like it...right?

Ok,
Take care, and I am confident that things will get better!
Habibah

Hello Habibah.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Thank you for this introduction.

Regards.

Karen :)

HI HABIBAH, how are u princesse of heart , if u need any help or freind to talk im ready to be a friend , exchange with ideas, and spent with u time in coffee and will be good guide for
take care

hi  y are you here in morocco

yes im moroccan and live in rabat how are u,:cool: happy weekend i hope for u, nice to meet u kaan

Thank you very much. I am ok and finding my way around.
Your offer is very kind but I do not spend time with men outside of my family. But thank you again.

Take care,
Habibah

enjoy ur staying u may face some difficulties but dont worry u will overcome them :)

thank you...i needed to hear that!

YES U NEED THAT

back again Habibah , sounds from ur name u are an american musilm who s converted to islam and changed her name or tatolly born with islam :) conserning your fair about talking on the cell in public, and clutch purse tightly while walking i may  say in some places u have to do that especially in place where is crowd like souq and bus . alsoo some places at midnight are very dangers :) u don't have to walk alone at that time especialy if u don't know city and if its happen that perfer to take taxi .

language is not big issue , you 'll find people who 'll understand u and as suggestion try to look about some groups in facebook about americans in morocco or expat in morocco u 'll find alot of american ladies gathering in coffé having fun and also they bring their kids to meet other kids :)

comapring the cost of living in morocco with usa u 'll find huge different :)

thats 'll enjoy u'r time and have fun :) if u have any problems something want to know about it put it here

cheers
simo