Go TV Package - premiership football

Hello

Your advice is required folks please

GO have advertised they are now able to show english premiership football , this is great news! All I care about is the sport channels football and rugby mainly.

However I have looked at costs and they seem very expensive, around 30 euros for gold then  further 25 euros for the premiership football?? A month? Or have I read all this wrong plus money for the box connection etc

Has anyone payed for the full package? If so what were the costs please or can you separately just get the sport channels? Thank you Emmo

Hi Emmo,

I don't have Go myself but from what I read on their website, doesn't seem to be like the way you mentioned. This was what I have quoted:

- "GO sports Premium & GO stars

Subscribe to the best GO sports & GO stars deal this season! For only €14.99 monthly enjoy live and exclusive coverage to best sports action including the major football leagues; Barclays English Premier League, Italian Serie A, French Ligue 1, UEFA Champions League. And that's not all! You will also have access to our premium GO stars channel – home of your favorite stars, movies and more!

Offer is available to all new and existing GO residential tv customers until 30th September 2013. Terms apply.
"

My advice would be to contact them and check directly with their CS.

Hope it helps!

Antonio

if as in previous years to get the full coverage of all european games you may need Melita too.....

Not sure about that anymore toon. I have contacted them few days ago to esquire if they broadcast the Spanish La Liga, and the CS guy told me that they only offer the Bundasliga, FA Cup and Europa Cup. I was a bit disappointed to be honest!

yes this was a major bone of contention in that if you wanted all competitions and leagues you had to have both

Thanks all for your help

GO officially have said they have rights to show premiership for next  2 seasons :)

Hi,
We just signed for the package with GO. Basically, to get the soccer , you have to sign up for the basic and add 14.99 euros for the soccer . It includes Internet and home phone. End of story is that  it will cost  49 euros per month, with a discount of 10 euros off for the first 3 months. The contract is for 2 years, no deposit, free connection, and free landline calls or something like that. My husband only cares about the soccer part though, but they throw in the Starz network for free so l can watch English movies..

Nice one KemKem but I reckon I'll stuck with the streams, they actually work quite well :P

Game nights are on then....

so GO is the company to look for for UK footie then :)

mantonas wrote:

Nice one KemKem but I reckon I'll stuck with the streams, they actually work quite well :P

KemKem wrote:

Game nights are on then....

Oh yeah :D Already watched few today :)

KemKem and Toni

I am all for watching Serie A at your place -  After-all, there is a passionate fan to torment.

FYI - I am looking for a package that has Laliga - Until then I am not a happy camper .

Thanks
Meddie

SMeddie wrote:

KemKem and Toni
I am all for watching Serie A at your place -  After-all, there is a passionate fan to torment.

Well, I am not sure if I would feel safe watching a Serie A game with Federico lol :D

FYI - I am looking for a package that has Laliga - Until then I am not a happy camper .

Thanks
Meddie

I have watched the full Real Madrid match today via one of my stream links, and to be honest, there was basically no breaks on the stream and the quality was very good. What I did was, hooked my desktop to my TV and I can now watch the games directly through my big screen :P

I know the Premier League is also part of GO , can't remember if  La Liga is though...watch with him at your own peril..yes..:)

this may be worth a punt.... covers a lot of bases...

http://www.airboxspain.com/airbox/

Hi Toon -

Have you used this service before!

It looks too good hence the skepticism on my side but I am looking for something like this.

Thanks
SMeddie

no i haven but there is a guy on Gozo who offers something similar to it - ask tearnet i think he has the local service.

I have to say i didnt like the local box - it has many issues when i trialled it - it is said to be better now - and was waiting for it to improve with HD quality - that was supposed to happen around easter tme but havent heard anything

Personally i have a satellite box with "filmon", webtv, hbbtv youtube etc built into it so have the best of both...

We tried it but it just proved to be so frustrating. I upgraded my internet package because the guy said it was too slow.
In the end we stopped it because picture freezing, sound out of sync and whole channels would be missing. Lots of promises that things would get better but in the end we cancelled it.
Now just use film on via laptop, works great but a bit clunky when looking at program guide.

Loosing track of how much money we've spent on TV technology since we moved to Malta, very frustrating.

Terry

i agree Terry although we havent had too much trou0blewith the sat box for all the fta uk stiff although that will change come the move to 2e sat in mid to late sept...just annnounced - but we still have filmon in the sat box and it works fine so far.

i just thought that 279 euros incl of the first years "fees" didnt seem to bad an offer but its all a bit suspect in terms of  the content especially the claim of ALL premiership football.

but who knows it may be ok and true...but how long will it lsst?