Visa for Saudi Arabia

Hi,

In the near future I'd love to work and live in Saudi Arabia, or at least make a trip to Saudi Arabia. But in the Lonely Planet of Saudi Arabia the author had spent 4 years getting a visa before he could actually get into Saudi Arabia.

At the moment I am wondering how long it will take me to get a visa (for the trip and/or to live and work there), and what procedures will come before I get my visa. Because in the Lonely Planet it said also something about checking the security in your homeland, and taking bloodtests to test you for Aids (HIV) and other deseases. So I am wondering what will actually happen and how long it will take me.

Thanks for reading :)

Anyone can help me?

You can't come here as a tourist.

If you have family here to sponsor you, you can get a family visa. 

If you have a job arranged here, your employer can sponsor a work visa. 

If you are Muslim, you can arrange for a haj/umrah visa. 

That's pretty much it.

I know some arabs and they are all inviting me to visit Saudi Arabia... So I think it is possible to get a tourist visa.

But if you say its not possible I guess it's not possible then...

Mart94 wrote:

I know some arabs and they are all inviting me to visit Saudi Arabia... So I think it is possible to get a tourist visa.

But if you say its not possible I guess it's not possible then...

They might not be aware of what it takes to enter (or exit!) their home country since it's not an issue for them.

However, I invite you to do more research to verify that what I've told you is true :)

I will but I also have another question:

What's the minimum time you can be in Saudi Arabia with a visa and what is the maximum time you can be?

Alliecat is correct.There is no tourism visa. Unless invited by royalty, you can only get into Saudi Arabia via immediate family, work, or Muslim pilgrimage. That is it, no matter what your friends say.

How long you can stay in Saudi depends on your visa.

Lonely Planet is a bad source of information on getting into Saudi, especially if it took them four years! I imagine it may take you a while to get in, but cannot say as you are not giving us much to work with. Example, are you Muslim, do you have a degree, what line of work are you in?

If it is truly your desire to live and work in Saudi Arabia you will need to be hired by a company in Saudi Arabia. You will need a four year degree and the job search can take up to a year in today's market. If you manage to secure a job offer it can take an additional year for the visa process to be worked out. But this all assumes you have skills desired by Saudi Arabia.

The visa process requires a health exam and various documents. The Saudi embassy/consulate in your country should have all of this information on their site for research purposes. The company that hires you will better answer your questions and inform you of the process.

Best of luck! :)

So all of you guys, first got a job, and then you could get your Visa?

No, I am not a muslim. No, I haven't finished my school yet, I am still in school so I don't work yet.

you better wait a few more years then

Mart94 wrote:

So all of you guys, first got a job, and then you could get your Visa?

No, I am not a muslim. No, I haven't finished my school yet, I am still in school so I don't work yet.

Well, maybe you could marry a woman with the qualifications to get hired here and then you could come as a 'trailing spouse' ;)

Lol, no, I am not really wanting to get married in Saudi Arabia :)

Mart94 wrote:

Lol, no, I am not really wanting to get married in Saudi Arabia :)

You wouldn't be allowed to get married in Saudi Arabia because you wouldn't even BE here (come on.. pay attention!!).

You'd be married elsewhere and, as the woman's husband--if she had a 'family visa'--you'd be allowed to enter the country with her.