Supporting docs for residency query!

Hi guys,

I am thinking in handing over my docs for the residency tomorrow but I have one question in regards to a support doc they ask for. I am living with my partner for nearly 15 years now but we still not married. Now, for this cases, they're asking for the following doc: "In case of partners, documentary proof of the existing of durable relationship for the two years prior to the application."

I wonder if anyone who applied previously and was in the same situation as we are, can advise where can I get this kind of doc or if there is any other way around it.

Thanks in advance!

Antonio

Maybe go to a notary? With a witness who has known you both?
What about seperate bills to the same address or what about your childrens birth certificates??

HI coxf0001,

Thanks for the reply. If they will accept those, then it should be fine. I might be able to get proof of a previous address on both names and I also have my son's birth certificate, which has been translated to English and certified.

As I said, if those are acceptable proofs, than fingers crossed we are sorted. :)

good luck antonio

Thanks toon, I will need it lol :)

Just realized I still don't have the photos signed :(. Not sure if I will managed to get them done on time :huh:

Good luck, hope it all goes well for you :)

Thanks rainbow3 ;)

Toni -

You're both EU and both working - ''durable relationship'' rules don't apply here ( Unless one partner is Non-EU) in my understanding because you both have the right to be in Malta and you're merely exercising those rights

Furthermore you're actually not applying for anything - You're just informing them of your presence and in return getting a weird Card.

That's to put it plainly ….  And why do you need the signed photos for?

Hope it all goes well tomorrow! – I will give you a ring.
Off to watch Real Madrid ……. [Arsenal lost yesterday – I am already in tears]

Thanks
SMeddie

Hi Meddie,

Hope you right mate but we never know, different ppl ask for different things.
Are the photos not supposed to be signed? that's what I read from HERE. Or maybe it's only when you send the docs by post, not sure.

I am watching RM too and it's not going to well for them, I reckon that a draw will not be good enough. Don't worry mate, I am also in tears, my Benfica also lost on their 1st game of the season :mad:

Anyways, speak to you soon ;)

Just as I was posting, Real Madrid scored lol :D

Toni

If you're applying in person - No need for signed photos [ Applies only when using the postal route]

.............. Good game by the way!

I am off - Will give you a ring and better be there in the morning to be seen.

Thanks
Smeddie

mantonas wrote:

Hi Meddie,

Hope you right mate but we never know, different ppl ask for different things.
Are the photos not supposed to be signed? that's what I read from HERE. Or maybe it's only when you send the docs by post, not sure.

I am watching RM too and it's not going to well for them, I reckon that a draw will not be good enough. Don't worry mate, I am also in tears, my Benfica also lost on their 1st game of the season :mad:

Anyways, speak to you soon ;)

Just as I was posting, Real Madrid scored lol :D

Just a quick update to say that unfortunately, I wasn't able to hand over my residency documents yesterday. I got there about 8am and the place was mad, people all over the place trying to thru and as I did not have an appointment for that day, did not even bother to join that madness lol.
I will rather wait until my appointment date for next week as they give priority to people who already have appointments, which is normal.

Just a remark in case some other people would also need to go there, their office has moved to another place. Now it's locate in a place called "Evans", near St Lazarus Bastion, just before you get to Fort St. Elmo in Valletta. I will be back on he 27th and hopefully, the outcome will be more positive :)

Cheerio,
Antonio

Its full name is the Evans Building (I think), and the same back entrance is used both for foreigners applying/collecting eResidence cards AND Maltese applying for ID cards, so the queue might not be as bad as it seems

That's the exactly place GnG. The queue I was referring to was just for the ID cards (foreigners). As you go down to the basement where the ID cards section is, you have a section on the right hand side that is for the Maltese people only, but the one on the left hand side which was for the foreigners, was mental. Everyone was standing inside into a kind of an arch on the left hand side of the corridor, and they were like pushing and squeezing waiting for the guy to call them. Not sure if all of them had appointments but I saw few of them holding tickets with numbers to be called.

That's pity Antonio, but at least you don't have to wait long for till your appointment. Good luck with it next week & keep us updated, as some of us still have to go through all this in September  ;)

I'm not going to bother unless I really have to and I am certainly not going to Valletta to do this.

Pfff, this just seems ridiculous.
Not looking forward to this...
How can it takes months and months just to get this silly little card? But in the meanwhile I can just work and pay taxes in Moltah?

On a side note, Mantonas, did you ever get my private message? ;)

redmik wrote:

I'm not going to bother unless I really have to and I am certainly not going to Valletta to do this.

you can do it by post

As for whether you have to, legally you have to within 3 months, plus it gives you cheaper bus and ferry prices :-)

georgeingozo wrote:
redmik wrote:

you can do it by post

As for whether you have to, legally you have to within 3 months, plus it gives you cheaper bus and ferry prices :-)

Yes I  know thanks and that is my plan, when I receive my Health Entitlement Certificate that I am still waiting for which I hope arrives soon as I may need it for my current throat infection and certainly for when, in 2 weeks our very essential medication runs out!!!!!

lets hope you get it soon then.

dont you have your temporary RHA ? thats enough to apply for eResidency cards

Pfff, this just seems ridiculous. - IT IS

Not looking forward to this... - NOBODY DOES

How can it takes months and months - EASY ITS MALTA

just to get this silly little card? YES IT IS SILLY AND UNNECESSARY

But in the meanwhile I can just work and pay taxes in Moltah? YES LIKE MANY OTHER THINGS

georgeingozo wrote:

dont you have your temporary RHA ? thats enough to apply for eResidency cards

No, we do not. We handed in the S1, all details given and informed that they would post to us. 4 weeks ago.

Tinna9 wrote:

That's pity Antonio, but at least you don't have to wait long for till your appointment. Good luck with it next week & keep us updated, as some of us still have to go through all this in September  ;)

Thanks Tinna! I will give you guys an update after the 27th, hopefully a good one :)

nilonilonilo wrote:

On a side note, Mantonas, did you ever get my private message? ;)

Hi nilonilonilo, I did see your PM went you sent it but as I was out at the time and could not reply to it, I thought on doing it later but then in the end, I forgot about it…sorry!
There are few questions all together so I will try to find some time to answer to all of them. Cheers for reminding me :)

No rush, take your time :)

nilonilonilo wrote:

No rush, take your time :)

Just replied to it Nil.

Cheerio,
Antonio

Just a quick update in regards to my odyssey at the immigration office :D

So, after nearly 2 hours of unnecessarily waiting, coz they assume I was a non EU resident, I finally managed to handover all my docs. I have to say, that place it's a completely joke. Dispate being the 1st person on the EU queue, some woman came to me and gave me a waiting ticket with number 6, so I thought to myself, 5 people before me, not bad at all. Went inside to the waiting room and when looked at the counter thingy, the numbers were starting from number 75. So, instead of just 5, there were about 30 numbers before mine lol.

But anyway, after sometime waiting I had a feeling that something was wrong, so, I went back to the front desk and I asked why some people were handing over their docs over there and I was given a ticket to wait at the waiting room. That was when she told me that as they thought I was a non EU resident, I was given that ticket. OMG...I was soooo pist off!!! What could had taken between 15-30 mins to be sorted, took nearly 2 hours due to a silly mistake. In the end and after some negotiation, I managed to handover my docs straight away at the front desk and get the hell out of that place :sick

Just a word of advice for people that are waiting for a reply from the Immigration Office.
I was told to go back there with my passport within 2 months to check if the eResidence doc it's ready. Therefore, for people that are waiting for some sort of letter from them for more than 2 months, I would advise them to go there personally, and check. I heard that some were told they would receive a letter by post, but to be honest, I wouldn't trust them, different people give different information.

Anyways, let's wait and see what happens now, and good luck to all!

Cheerio,
Antonio

Hi Antonio,

thank you for giving us an update. I'm shocked that they give out the waiting tickets to people that they 'assume' are non-EU! It only takes a second to ask! Well, at least it's over now for at least 2 months :)

Justina

just typical and some say discrimination (well maybe not discrimination) but decisions taken and made on the basis of looks doesnt exist when it clearly does.!!!!!! disgraceful

I completely agree with you guys (Justina & toon)!

They don't even bother ask you, they just assume by the color of skin or the look o your face. I may have this kind of Arabic look, but as Justina said, "It only takes a second to ask". As it was my proper first time there, I thought it was normal until I started to see other people just coming and handing over their docs.

But anyway, it's done and dusted now! :)

ah well it shouldnt be long now - famous last words.......

Prejudice and assumption is rife here, in their public agencies. No such thing as anti-discriminatory practice. They are not taught it and as I said before, their prejudices are allowed to be part of their processes.

Prejudice + action + power = discrimination.

That's what we all need to remember when trying to understand how things are here. Then we can take measures to ensure that they do not make assumptions etc. 

Still love it here though because on a personal level I could not be treated with greater kindness and acceptance.

Couldn't agree more with you redmik, unfortunately.

But yes, generally speaking, I still love to be here too. We just need to get used to this inconveniences and hope that people's mentality and attitude change, eventually!

mantonas wrote:

Couldn't agree more with you redmik, unfortunately.

But yes, generally speaking, I still love to be here too. We just need to get used to this inconveniences and hope that people's mentality and attitude change, eventually!

We need to stop beating them round the head with EU this and EU that. It's like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut and will be resisted at every turn.

Need to utilise the old pro social modelling strategy and try to get them to understand how we feel, as fellow human beings.
Take time to talk and explain not constantly quote regulations to them. The more some do that, the longer it will take.
Just an opinion like :)

It's never gonna be easy redmik. IMHO it's a generation think and let's just hope that the new generations coming, will have a more open minded attitude and less a discriminatory one :)

yes we all have opinions Red - just an opinion like:)

Witnessed blatant racism today. On bus in Rabat coming home and a person got on and sat down. Minutes later two Arriva employees ran onto the bus, went directly to the person and rudely demanded to see his ticket. He had one.

They asked no one else on the bus.

I wonder, was it because he was obviously (and going by appearances only), not Maltese?

Or was it because he was of Black African appearance?

I repeat; no one else was asked to show their ticket.

Bejesus that must be the easiest question to answer Red.....

dont these so called inspectors realise they are visible to many people and their actions are witnessed and broadcast...... eejits.

you could be right, however, it could also be the case the gentleman in question had been caught without a ticket before, in which case it was justified - without knowing the full facts we can't say - it does however bring to mind the old one (from Eddie Murphy ??) about being stopped whilst driving - the offence DWB (driving while black)

toonarmy9752 wrote:

dont these so called inspectors realise they are visible to many people and their actions are witnessed and broadcast...... eejits.

I know -  unless they are stupid, they must realise how it would look

its just not on is it even if the guy had done it before - they had obviously been watching him why didnt they ask the driver first  or tackle him before that point or are they only allowed to approach when on the bus. Or is it the bravado factor of the inspectors "hey look what we are empowered to do to you!!!!" DISGRACEFUL IN THIS DAY AND AGE