Australian girl wanting to work in Norway

Hi, I'm a 22 Australian girl, just yesterday I got back from traveling around Norway. I live with two Norwegian girls in Australia and most of my friends are either Norwegian or from other parts of Scandinavia! I would absolutely love to live and work in Norway from May next year for at least 6-12 months. I just wanted to hear about other people's experiences and if it's easy to do so. I realize it's a very big culture difference and Norwegian people are slightly different to Australians but as I know all Scandinavians, I can't get enough of the place and this would be a dream. Is it easy for foreigners to find work? Is Norwegian compulsory and is finding a place to live possible? If someone could get back to me, that would be great. Thanks so much :):)

hey,

As explained at length on the forums, it is indeed difficult to find job if you don't speak Norwegian. Working as a waiter / waitress is possible without Norwegian though and we meet many of them in the cafes. Finding a place to live is possible yes, there is a noticeable Australian community over here with people that did like you, came for some time, liked the country and then stayed

Thank you for responding to me :) I'm hoping it will be the good old saying "it's not what you know but who you know" so hoping my friends can help me! I have been looking everywhere on the net to find groups/forums on aussis in Norway or anything like that where I can ask Australians but it seems impossible!

Hello,

I know some people from New Zealand who have said that the immigration process is a nightmare if you are from outside of the EU. It is possible though, you just have to persevere.

David