Beaches in Southern Brazil

I'm living in Argentina and am thinking about making a trip up to Brazil sometime soon. Can anyone recommend any of the beach-towns in the Southern part of the country? (i.e. south of São Paulo).  Cheers

The beaches south of Florianopolis are wonderful. Guarda de Embaú is famous for being a reggae surfer spot. The town of Garopaba is great.  Not as crowded as Guarda de Embaú and close to the famous Pria da Rosa, Pria Vermelha. Gamboa is another beach town nearby - a little cheaper than Garopaba. 
Check out this site:  http://www.garopaba.com.br/
As summer winds down the beaches become less crowded and prices get better.  This time of year there almost seem to be as many Argentinians as Brazilians!

I'd suggest Picinguaba - a little paradise north of Ubatuba, SP. You can google map it. Just don't go for the pousada, which is very expensive. Search online and you can find more affordable rental houses and rooms.

I love Brazil, every time I have a chance a drive to a little surf village in the south (near Florianopolis) PRAIA DO ROSA, itŽs beautiful and very relax and not to expensive.

Hello Ingrid,

This thread is over 6 years old now and last active 4 years ago. You are aware of that, aren't you?

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team