Where to buy glucose monitors?

Hey all (especially you diabetics..lol),

I need to get a new blood glucose monitor and was wondering if anyone knew the best place to get them.  I realize that hospitals and pharmacies carry these things, but just wondering if anyone had some good recommendations.

Thanks in advance!

what area of riyadh are you in so I  can give you a place

We live north of Riyadh off king Fahd. Any recommendation with a good landmark or street would be helpful.

Seriously, buy it from Amazon. You'll have more choices and reviews. It's ALWAYS less expensive than local ones including shipping!

Yeah that's what the hubbo said too. Though, we haven't ordered anything and had it shipped here yet. Have you had any issues?

runnertattoogirl wrote:

Yeah that's what the hubbo said too. Though, we haven't ordered anything and had it shipped here yet. Have you had any issues?

You can

Either

buy it off the pharmacy shops, the stuff is not bad. All made in China stuff. You have to do some homework study the brands and the models at offer.

Or

you can go to the far end (southern) of Dabbad street. That is where the wholesale market for medical stuff is located. You will find more variety and more advice. Again you MUST do some homework before you go there, because the sales people are very good at inundating you with information none of which helps you to make a decision.

My personal recommendation is to ask your doctor, they know which models work good and which do not, almost always they have free /evaluation samples with them. My doctor let me use them for free for about 2 weeks.

Cheers !

The doctor I went to wasn't really helpful, but then again it probably didn't help that I went in there knowing exactly what I needed.  Not to mention the fact that it was Ramadan.  I have a monitor now, but haven't seen the test strips or lancets for it around.  Though, I believe they sell the brand because there were a few articles I found online about it in Saudi.

Maybe I can get down to Dabbad and ask if they know of anywhere that sells what I need.  It would be awesome if they did have it.  lol.  Thanks for your suggestions, I'll have to look into them for sure :)

runnertattoogirl wrote:

The doctor I went to wasn't really helpful, but then again it probably didn't help that I went in there knowing exactly what I needed.  Not to mention the fact that it was Ramadan.  I have a monitor now, but haven't seen the test strips or lancets for it around.  Though, I believe they sell the brand because there were a few articles I found online about it in Saudi.

Maybe I can get down to Dabbad and ask if they know of anywhere that sells what I need.  It would be awesome if they did have it.  lol.  Thanks for your suggestions, I'll have to look into them for sure :)

Please do remember to comeback and log your experience back on the forum.

Best Regards