?Moving to Singapore - work visa or spouse visa easier?

folks,

Just to start off, a quick hi to everyone on the blog.

My wife is a singaporean citizen who has been living in Australia for the last 10 years. We have been married for 1 year. She has moved back to Singapore for a few years to help the family whilst her father is unwell. She is not working at the moment, and there wasnt any intention for her work especially for the next year.

The question is what are my chances of being able to work there for the next few years? Looking at the spousal visa requirements, they are asking for my spouses tax certificates....obviously there isnt any since she hasnt been in Singapore to work. So my only hope is to apply for a work visa. Am i better off trying to apply for jobs, then try for a work visa?

I dont have a degree, and my monthly pre-tax income is over $7k. I have over 14 years experience working in IT.

what do you think?

Your wife can only get you an LTVP (Long Term Visitor Pass) if she earns enough for your upkeep. That usually means S$2800 or more, but no threshold is published or is universally applied.
You cannot work on an LTVP. An LTVP+, which allows work, is only given after three years of marriage.
Work visa are generally applied for by the employer, so you have to find a job first (which might be not easy). The only work visa NOT requiring a university degree are the S-Pass (which requires only a technical certificate) for the salary bracket S$2000-4000/month, and the P1 pass, which requires minimum S$8000/month (soon to be raised to a higher number).