Taxis Zagreb

I live in south west Hungary but Zagreb is my nearest airport doing flights to UK. I went to UK for a family funeral this week and drove my car to Zagreb airport to get an Easyjet flight to Gatwick. I had booked in my car with a car park near the airport called "Quick Parking Zagreb" but I could not find the car park and could not use my phone as roaming does not seem to work in Croatia. I was supposed to phone the car park half an hour before I arrived there.
I was trying to find somewhere to make a phone call and parked in a car park for a block of flats near the airport. There was a cafe / bar there and I asked if I could use their phone but they refused. I was running out of time so I left the car there and walked to the airport to get my flight. I passed a Lidl supermarket on my way to the airport so that made a good landmark for finding my way back to the car on my return. I flew back to Zagreb yesterday and took a taxi back to that Lidl shop. It was probably less than a mile and I was charged 90 Kuna (over £10). Are taxis normally that expensive in Zagreb or did I just get a crooked driver?

Rules number 1 in Croatia..never use a Taxi..they all are ****

sorry to say you were done.Most taxi drivers are ok.They have a starting fee, 15 kuna?. Meter should show what you are being charged.

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Digging up old thread
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct