From Greece to Malta.....!!!!!!!

Hello everybody!!!I am from greece and next month i'm going to work in Malta.I want to meet people from Malta and any advice will be very helpfull for me..  :)

Welcome, feel free to read the many other topics and threads, full of useful information.

Hi christopher,

Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your moving to Malta.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have, I am sure the chaps here (including myself) :) will try to help you as best as we can.

Cheerio,
Antonio

Thank you very much for the quick reply!!i have some questions about malta like what is cost of living there,the prices of rents,it's easy to find work?,which city you advise me to start?and anything other you think that will help me!
thank you very much for any help :)

Hi again christopher,

To be honest with you, if you have a look at previous posts and topics on the different sections of the forum, you might find an answer to those questions. Nevertheless, will try to give you my opinion.

"... what is cost of living there,the prices of rents" - Try to have a look at this topic HERE. In regards to renting, it will vary depending on the area you might want to live. As further as you rent from the main areas such as Valletta, Sliema, St Julian's, Paceville, etc, the cheaper it gets.

"it's easy to find work?" - I thought you had a job already! But anyway, I wouldn't say it's difficult to find a job over here but all depends on the type of job you're looking for and and your qualifications. Not easy to give a straight answer here.

"which city you advise me to start?" - Difficult one as well lol. Again, depends of the kind of live you gonna have and if you will need to use the public transports to commute to work on a daily basis. But if you're young and single and I am sure you will want to go out at night, defo you would be better off staying as closed as posible from the busiest areas as I have mentioned above. Otherwise, if you want a quieter kind of life, than moving to the north or south of Malta will be ok.

But anyway, I am sure more people will give other suggestions. In my opinion, find out first what are your priorities and take it from there.

Best of luck ;)

Antonio

Thank you very very much for your help and your time Antonio!! :)

Hi Christopher,

I too thought you already have a job waiting for you in Malta. If you don't have a job offer I don't think you will 'be working in Malta next month'. It is not that easy to find work.

As it seems that is not the case all the answers to your other questions will depend on your personal circumstances.

Without knowing the kind of work you are looking for and are qualified for it is difficult to say much except that it could be very hard to find a good job in Malta.

Cheers
Ricky

I'm looking for any job...kitchen porter,waiter,cleaner anything!i would send cv from now but i will come in a month..i will come to work hard and i know that will be very difficult at the beginning...i hope i succeed!

Where there's a will, there's a way! Good luck.

I believe that too!thank you very much....!

Best of luck on your job hunting christopher. Have a look a this topic HERE from one of our member's "pgl" and I hope it's hopeful to you.

Cheerio ;)

Antonio

Thank you again Antonio!every word you say to me it's helpfull! :)

christopher29 wrote:

Thank you again Antonio!every word you say to me it's helpfull! :)

You're welcome, I am glad I can help ;)

Hi christopher,

we here on the forum are all happy when we can help. But please tell us why you want to start new in Malta, have you ever been to Malta and what is your work at the moment ?

The fact that you are talking about Maltese 'cities' raises questions as there are only villages or towns in Malta .....small villages and towns compared to Greece or other European countries.

The more information you give, the more advice we can give.

Expect a monthly salary of between 500 and 600 €/month in the jobs you quote. And you will not be getting many tips .

The cheapest accomodation in a shared room will be around 250 €. If you opt for your own flat it will be more like 350 €/month. What is left from your potential salary will be your budget.

Cheers
Ricky

No i have never been to Malta again...I want to start my new life there because i saw that Malta is in better condition from Greece at the moment!I feel that i have no future here and i want a new life somewhere else..I'll start with Malta and if i can't find job or for any reason i want to leave then i'll see my next step...But i will do my best to succeed in Malta!

christopher29 wrote:

No i have never been to Malta again...I want to start my new life there because i saw that Malta is in better condition from Greece at the moment!I feel that i have no future here and i want a new life somewhere else..I'll start with Malta and if i can't find job or for any reason i want to leave then i'll see my next step...But i will do my best to succeed in Malta!

As long as you pay your taxes. :)

Of course! :)