Accommodation Near The Causeway

I have been offered a job in "The Magic Kingdom" (KSA) but with the option of residing in Bahrain and commuting, the package includes a housing allowance of BD800/month. We would hope to be able to find an unfurnished 3 or 4 bed villa, with maid's quarters but no private pool, near to the causeway for that sum, is this realistic or do I need to up the budget??

Thanks.

PS. Either a compound or standalone villa is fine.

Welcome to the forum.

Yes that is realistic.  Check out Hamala (bit pricey), Janabiya and Saar (be a bit careful with Saar as some of the cheaper places are a bit too close to the village centre for comfort).

Use this website to give you an idea http://www.bahrainpropertyworld.com/

We live in a private villa in Janabiya (literally 2 minutes from the Causeway, with 3/4 bedrooms, maids quarters and our own small pool for much less than 800bd.  And our maintenance is fantastic.

Have a good look around and then the best advice we were ever given was to have a shortlist and then message it to someone already here who could give you the lowdown on the area and most likely the compound.  Those of us with kids tend to know someone living on most compounds in the area!

Hope that helps.

Hi Scottrace,

Thanks for the input, that's very helpful and we'll certainly take your advice onboard.

Regards.

Scottrace has summed it up really well. Nothing more to add.

Welcome to the forum, Mythril.

Thanks Farhaz, we are looking forward to relocating.

Regards.

Hi. I also live near the causeway in Saar. Is your company bringing you here for a look around before you move? If not then ensure that they put you in temporary accommodation so you have time to look around and choose the right property for you. Happy to show you around.

If your company are paying for your relocation then contact Crown Relocation here in Bahrain. Excellent service

Hi Jo,

I don't think the company is planning to bring us over for a look see beforehand, however as we are only in Doha we may do so ourselves anyway, but for sure there will be a settling in period when we will be in temporary accommodation.

I'm sure my wife will be happy to take you up on your offer to show her around, which is very generous of you and we will keep Crown Relocation in mind.

Regards.

No problem

See you both soon.