How safe is Egypt now !

Salam/Hi to All

Guys I will be traveling back to Egypt after 3 months. My flight is scheduled on 21st of August I peronally do think its the right time but got no choice since my wife and kid is there.  I live in Hadayak Al Ahram ..

how safe is it to travel from Air port till home ?
Is ring road really safe from thugs and snatchers ?
Should I really travel or avoid ? I will be traveling just to see my wife and kid and will arrange visa for them and will take them out of Egypt with me asap.
Suggest me which cab should I prefer Im sure taxi shouldnt be an option. Please suggest me a reliable radio cab from Airport till destination.
Suggest me anything that I shuold be aware of

Cheers

Hi,

1- Curfew is from 7pm to 6am. If you arrive during curfew, stay inside the airport until 6 am.
2- Taxis you take at the airport are safe because there is a check point as you are driving away from the airport. First, they ask the taxi driver where he is taking you, they check that with you and they write the taxi reg number down. So, basically, you're safe.
3- The Ring Road is much safer now that Morsi is gone, yes. Take the Ring Road and NOT Pyramids Road. The latter is where many Muslim Brothers are and you don't want to end up facing them.

LOL to #2 - any taxi I hVae taken from the sirport has never been stopped.
The last time I flew in my driver didn't appear so I had to take a taxi - I let my husband talk with the taxi drivers (he is Egyptian) and got a policeman to take down all the his details, and mine and my husband swapped numbers with the police man who thought it was so funny that we were being so careful.
(and again we weren't stopped on the way out of the airport!!(.

Hello,

I already live in Egypt and I want to assure you that the situation in Egypt is not that bad as the media show it at all, there is a lot of exaggeration, me myself going and coming all of the day with no problem at all, and me myself did not see any trouble so far what so ever, so come to your family and enjoy your time.
have nice trip coming and going
regards.

Thank you everyone for the replied ..I am finally back to my family in Egypt. I used to watch Ajazeera English online and honestly I think Al-jazeera reports were too much exaggerating and bias reports. Things are not like media shows to rest of the world although situation is not like before but still not as bad as it was pictured by media ..Hope all will be back to normal soon

normaly it may take 1 hour from airport to hadayk alahram but under some conditions ( either at 6 oclcok or at 22 oclock) and take the second ring road , which pass almonib area , that is very short than the first ring road in that case you may pay from 50 to 60 EGP , some times you can deal with the taxi about the cost before he move from airport  , also avoide cairo at ruch hours  cause you may take ,and curfew normaly from 12 to 6 o'clcok , froday is special for CURFEW from 7 to 6 oclcok  ,

:)