Chef wanting to explore the cuisine in jamaica

Hi

im a young chef looking to move to jamaica to experience the culture of food in jamaica

Hi sisonke,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

Maybe you can tell us a bit more about yourself please as an introduction ?

I suggest you to post your resume in the Chef job offers in Jamaica section please as it might help :)

Best of luck

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Well im a qualified chef have 4 yrs experience in the south african industry. worked 3and
half years at a tapas seafood resturant and im am currently working for protea hotel as a sous chef. i learn veru quikly and am very interested in the cuisines of the world. But Jamaica as a whole fasinates me i believe i could learn a lot there.

Hi Sisonke

I am a restaurateur in Jamaica and I may be able to assist you in your move. I have a very small restaurant with a small team of young cooks that could benefit from some type of cultural exchange in culinary ideas. Please send me some more information on your objectives in coming to Jamaica. There several things to consider before making the move like accommodations , salary scale, permits etc. or if you just want to come and learn about the culture and food then there are a other options to achieve this. shoot me an email at [email protected].

Regards

Gariel Ferguson

Me too girlfriend! They have amazinggggg!!! food down there! I just got back about two weeks ago. Were you looking to move down ??

Hello there! Hows Jamaica!? It chilly here in Canada!!! BRRRR. I am also a young cook who is looking to learn different cuisines in Jamaica. I just got back from Ocho Rios about two weeks ago and am already having separation anxiety! I would love to move down for a while, the people are absolutely great, the culture is amazing and the scenery well, one of the things I miss the most. When I was down there, I just wanted to get in the kitchen and learn how to cook an authentic meal, but didn't get the chance unfortunately! Would love to hear what you have to say! If you would like to get back to me that would be great!!!

Have a good night!

Hi did you ever get down to Jamaica? If you are still considering
coming down please send me a message and I can put you in touch with some chefs here. This also applies to any chef that want to come here to exchange culinary ideas. You can do a google search to learn who I am if you like.

Regards

Gariel Ferguson