Considering moving to prague in four years.

I am a public school teacher of children on the autism spectrum and would like to retire to prague in four years.  I am looking for advice/information/suggestions in making this transition. 

I have traveled to Prague several times and have traveled extensively through out the country.  I have fallen in love with it and have made several Czech national friends.

I have sent several inquiries to the American consulate in prague but have never received a reply. My questions are typical.  How does one get permission to come???  I will have my own income.  How does one acquire  housing???  How does one access the medical system???  I have full benefits provided by my school district.  How long will I be able to stay???  Any help anyone can give will be truly appreciated.  Thank you

Specialteacher

Hello Specialteacher.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I've moved your message to the Prague Forum for better visibility and effective networking.

I would suggest you to read the different articles in the Work and the Accommodation section in the guide for more infos.

You may also browse the different threads on the Prague Forum for better insights.

Thank you and all the best.

Karen :)

I am an American living and teaching in Prague. Mi would like to talk to you and maybe we can help each other. 

I can teach you and guide you on how to go about moving to Prague and how to get legal and also lifestyle in Prague,

In return, I could use your help.  I work as an aide for a asbergers boy at his school and the services in Prague for him are not very good.m I could use someone to help me with ideas on strategies and techniques to help him.

Please feel free to contact me if interested in speaking.

Regards, Barbara

Dear Barbara

How nice of you to write.  Maybe we can help each other.  I teach children on the spectrum and I would be happy to give you some strategies for helping your young man.

I could use your help also.  I have young friends visiting Prague in November, I believe.  they are in their 20's and I very much want to give them the names of some great pubs to spend their winter evenings in.  Can you recommend some for them.  They are two couples and will be in Prague for a few days then on to Germany.  Any help you can be will be appreciated.

Now back to your young man.  Give me some information, age, grade, abilities, quirks (sociaL challenges he may have, etc.

hope to hear from you soon

Pat DeCarlo