Hey you!

Hi everybody,

I will try to keep this as short as possible.

My name is Aman :D If you don't know Arabic you might find my name funny or strange. It means Safe/Peace in Arabic.. so don't panic I wont mug you.. maybe :P

I am from... well you tell me where I'm from!! I live in Saudi Arabia my whole life (22 years) but my nationally is Eritrean. I have never been to Eritrea and I don't speak their language neither I have visited it. So yeah I'm lost in the middle.

I study mechanical Engineering at King Fahd University (KFUPM) in Al-Khobar. I'm about to graduate (Hooray?). Unfortunately, I realized that the university took all of my time and left me lacking other important stuff.

One thing I will start to fix is to meet new people around.
This mainly why I'm here. Did I come to the right place?

Who wants to be first on my white list :)

Interesting intro Aman,
You're not the only one stranded in the middle (East :p), there are thousands  like you in KSA :)
Good luck & happy exploring

Thank you Muhammad.

By the way, is "Add to Contact" in Expat-Blog same as "Add Friend" in Facebook?

Im not an expert EB user (see my number of posts :)). However "Add to Contact" in Expat-Blog & "Add Friend" in Facebook would ofcourse be different because both are different social mediums. Further the experts can guide

For myself, I only accept a request once a member has been very active on EB (to insure he--and it's almost always a 'he'--has not joined the blog simply to pick up women).

Alliecat

No need for explanation your profile picture says it all :lol:

TBH, one of the main reasons I joined EB is to be more socially active since my "overly-attached" university took it away from me.

According to your number of posts, I appreciate how helpful you were to people and I hope you wouldn't hesitate to help me if I needed :)

aman11022 wrote:

I hope you wouldn't hesitate to help me if I needed :)

I wouldn't ...and welcome to EB! :)

Dang it! Where is the like button when you need it.

I've spent some time reading older post at EB.

I have concluded that patience is the most important quality that you need to assist you live in Saudi Arabia.

Also, many members are eager to meet other expats and engage into different group activities, however, most of the enthusiasm die out fast. (not sure why)

Now I can fully understand your previous point of the "he". Reading those comments weren't the easiest thing especially when "he" tries to pick on men!!!

Oh, they'll be hitting on *you*, too!  :whistle:

http://piperbayard.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/grumpy-cat-no.jpg

Nice try but this won't stop them :lol:

Alliecat wrote:

Oh, they'll be hitting on *you*, too!  :whistle:

So far, it is cats hitting everywhere :lol:

Alliecat wrote:

Nice try but this won't stop them :lol:

http://i.qkme.me/36bcdo.jpg

aman11022 wrote:

Dang it! Where is the like button when you need it.

OMG! there IS a like button!
Y U NO TELL ME :huh:, Alliecat?

me

i would like to be in your list. I studied in the US and had some good eritrean friends there. I've always wanted to learn more about Eritrea its people and culture.

best of luck in ur studies.

Is this a cat-like kind of people discussion, or people who actually like dogs (ME!) can join?!

nadominhoca wrote:

Is this a cat-like kind of people discussion, or people who actually like dogs (ME!) can join?!

Of course you can!  Don't let the cat thing intimidate you--it's just people trying to copy me cause I'm one of the cool kids! :top:

saviol777 wrote:

i would like to be in your list. I studied in the US and had some good eritrean friends there. I've always wanted to learn more about Eritrea its people and culture.

best of luck in ur studies.

Hey saviol777, thank you for your nice comment. Eritreans are everywhere finding a place where they can practice their stolen rights. We have great traditional food such as , unfortunately, I'm not aware of any restaurants in Khobar serving them.

rolex4285 wrote:

me

You mentioned in your profile info that you can speak Arabic! I am amazed that you do. Many Filipinos live here ten plus years and they can never form a single sentence in Arabic.
I'm glad that your only word in this forum was here :)

nadominhoca wrote:

This is a free discussion. We don't discriminate in here.. even if are a zombie-like person ;)

Alliecat wrote:
nadominhoca wrote:

Of course you can!  Don't let the cat thing intimidate you--it's just people trying to copy me cause I'm one of the cool kids! :top:

Long time no see Alliecat. I think it's my fault this time. I'm guilty of being busy :P
Gladly I will be graduating from univ. in 10 weeks. and I'll be fully devoted to be a senior troll in here just like my idol ;)

aman11022 wrote:

senior troll

:mad:

Okay, you asked for it!

http://data.whicdn.com/images/45113533/funny-gif-grumpy-cat-stop_large.gif

Hi guys.
I'm generally new here in Saudi Arabia, and it's my first time to get out of my country. I'd love to meet some new people in Khobar, too. I've been here for like 3 days now, and I'm like melting in my flat and dying to talk to somebody else.

I wish this thread would be alive again.
Bump!

-Jan

I'm extremely busy with my studies these days. I'm one month away from graduation.
I'll definitely be more active in EB then. Wish me luck  :)

aman11022 wrote:

I'm extremely busy with my studies these days. I'm one month away from graduation.
I'll definitely be more active in EB then. Wish me luck  :)

Good Luck Aman. Wishing you pass with flying colors :)

Hi Aman, yes it's really late, I'm just trying to stay awake. Need some stuffs to finish before I hit the sack. Thanks for the interest, we also have the same place in mind. I'm burning my eyes just to have that opening, a flicker of light to hope for. Denmark is nice, don't you think so?

Hi
i think u should get more experience working here, then the whole world is open for u .
like to be friends. u can write me to my email: [email protected].
loay

funny forum