Finding a job: which companies expect foreign candidates?

Hello!
I am a lebanese person trying to find a job in belgium but it seems like an incredibly hard issue although i know french and english languages and have bachelor and master degrees in the design fields. The websites were not very helpful since the recruiters always expect candidates already living in belgium and it is not possible to have a work permit or visa without a job offer!
any suggestion on how to find a websites with job offers intended for foreign people or at least more flexible regarding the nationality issue
I would really appreciate any help coz im new to this whole issue of finding a job abroad
Thank you:)

I think anyone offering a job to someone not in Belgium and not Belgian FIRST might actually be breaking the law. Unfortunately it's not that much easier for us living in Belgium to get a job either. The whole of the EU almost is in economic crisis.

hey tervurener
thank you for your reply,
I am not sure if you understood my inquiry i did not mean any offence and im not saying foreign should have priority over belgians. i understand your concern. the whole world is in an economic crisis and im just another person trying to gain experience in my field from international companies.

SUZYSTEIN wrote:

hey tervurener
thank you for your reply,
I am not sure if you understood my inquiry i did not mean any offence and im not saying foreign should have priority over belgians. i understand your concern. the whole world is in an economic crisis and im just another person trying to gain experience in my field from international companies.

Hi Suzy,

Your understanding is right. Its not possible to apply for a work permit on your own. The hiring organization has to apply for a work permit. Some multinationals hire from outside Belgium or EU. In such cases, they have to prove they have tried their best to find talent from EU and they failed. Also, any company has to give preference to that countries job-seekers. Appreciate your wish to gain international experience by working in a different country.

I would say, keep trying and one day you may succeed :)

By the way, what field are you into ? I mean, what kind of jobs are you looking forward to do ?

Members of this community can point you to some helpful resources (websites, forums, etc) if we have more details.

All the best again..

Regards
Aneesh

hey aneeshks,
Thank you very much for your reply, it was very helpful. :)
I hold a master in Industrial design along with a bachelor degree in Interior architecture, so i am looking for a job in these fields.
thx again :)