Need information about Mauritius.

Dear All,

I am an Iranian citizen and recently offered a job in Mauritius. The offering company is willing to sponsor me and they are doing the paperworks at the moment. I am not so sure about the processes I have to go through.
Unfortunately I did not find any useful information in web about moving and living in Mauritius.

My destination is Vacaos-Phoenix

- How's life style there?
- As there is no Mauritius embassy in Iran and the nearest one is in Dubai, Should I travel to Dubai to apply for Visa or I can send my documents by post?
- How is Life costs?
- Is 37000 MUR per month enough for a average living there for a family of two?
- Can I take my wife with me as spouse or I have to move there first and apply for her separately from there?
- What documents and evidences should I provide to secure this Visa? (i.e. Maintenance)

- What type of Visa will I have with sponsorship? Temporary Work Visa? Business Visa? How long is it going to be valid?

- How long does it take to switch from this work permit visa into indefinite resident permit or Mauritian passport?

Thanks, Amir

Hi Amir,

Welcome to expat-blog!

I suggest you to read the articles in the Life in Mauritius guide, you might find out some useful information about Mauritius.

Here is the Mauritian Passport and Immigration office website, where you might get some more information.

I suggest you to go through the Mauritius forum for more information. ;)

Regards,

David.

Thanks David for the links.
Will check them

Salam Morad. Khubi? Are you in Mauritius now?

Hello denilerium,

Welcome to Expat.com  :cheers:

Please note that you have commented on a very old topic.

Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to post a new topic on the Mauritius forum.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team.