Looking to meet Americans or English-speaking expats in Malaysia

Hi! I am also looking to meet Americans or English-speaking expats in Malaysia. I used to live in US and UK for 9 years, love the western culture, especially friendly Americans... and really miss hanging out with people of different cultures.

Hi Deniko,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :D

I have created a new thread as from your post on the Malaysia Forum for a better interaction :)

Maybe you can tell us a little bit more about yourself as an introduction please ?

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hey Deniko - Nice to meet you. Well am not an American but definitely can speak good English :)

Which part of US?

Thanks Maximilien!

Well, I love classical music and really enjoy being a piano teacher. I also did a bit of performing in the UK and had the amazing opportunity of playing a piano concerto (with orchestra).

Classical music isn't big in Malaysia so I do miss the activities, interest and involvement of westerners who understand it. Any fans out there? :)

Hi Afzal, nice to meet you too! :)

Malaysia is a nice place to live and work... hope you find the opportunities you are looking for.

Inshallah Deniko.. :) I totally agree with you, Malaysia is indeed a superb place to be, Thats one of the reason me looking out for opportunities.

Nevertheless have fun and enjoy the amazing culture of Malaysia ( a little jealous of you thou :P )

Hi Amitv,

I was in Portland, Oregon. The Pacific Northwest is just beautiful! I loved traveling around there, going for days out, walks by the river, enjoying nature.

How long were you in the US and which part?

I also lived in UK, very different from the US, but I really miss just taking a drive to a little town, walking around, pretty architecture... I find it too hot in Malaysia to enjoy the outdoors.

Was in DC for about 4 years. Though had extensive travelling. Would be great to connect..

Hi what part of UK? Yes it is certainly a far cry here frm the UK especially London for music and culture. It is the main thing I miss from London

I was in London, Norwich and Birmingham.
And which part are you from?
Any favourite pieces...? :)

Hi I am from a small town in Essex but lived in Bristol, Cambridge, Leeds and London for study/work. London you can't beat for shear excitement bit cost of living yikes.

Favourite piece. That is a hard question! But The Planets comes to mind. Maybe because I am a physicist lol. I do like violin pieces though my favourite instrument to listen to.

Holst huh? Wow.. a true English! :D The only one I like is Jupiter.

Violins, yes. I may be a pianist but I much prefer listening to orchestral pieces - strings are beautiful

The Piano - very popular in Malaysia! Two of my students play very well a delight to listen too

Hi Deniko. Sorry m not an expat but might as well be one. Hv spent a long long time abroad (roun 25 yrs). Live in kl currently. Would love to hear fm ya. Regards.

Hello young lady!interesting your profile...i'm an African settling in west Africa and it's a pleasure to be connected with you to change...bye.

Toure - nice to meet you.

Jackstinger - must be hard coming back here after 25 years! How are you finding it?

Hey how are you? I moved here from Florida.what about you?

Not pleasant. Battling the heat dust poor air quality. Covered in heat rashes. The traffic in Kuala Lumpur is unbelievable. And the development. One big concrete jungle. The price of development I guess. I look out of my balcony and I can't see any green. It's all gone.

Hey Omar, I'm Malaysian, back from UK 6 months ago.

How long were you in Florida?

interesting background you go there!
im in the same boat as you are, ive landed in KL a week ago and looking to meet people out here, any suggestions?

.I am sorry for the late reply.well I grew up there. I have lived there for about 15 years. so tell me more about yourself please?

hey I am Preet, I have lived in Canada for more than a decade, studied and worked there and then moved back to my family in India.  Now shifted to Kl for couple of years. I love going out and doing sight seeing but dont know anyone here all my friends are either back home or left in Canada. hoping to make few group of friends I can chill and hang out with.

Nice to hear from you Preet. How are you finding Malaysia?
From what I've seen on this site, a few people have tried to initiate meetups but not sure if it happened... yeah it would be nice to find groups to hang out with.

Hey preet i hope you are having a good time in Malaysia.well i have already met some people who have spent time in the English native countries and its gonna be nice to make some more.