Moving to singapore shortly

hello everyone,
i have been recently offered a job in singapore.
The salary would be around 4000$ per month.
Facts:
-work: fresher: recently qualified as a chartered accountant from india.
-would be living alone.
-dont wish to lead an extremely luxurious life, the initial motto is to gain work-ex.
-would be renting a flat in HBD / room . (depends)!

It would be great if someone could provide me with a reality check on the expenses i would be incurring and the amount i would be able to save.
P.S. : there would be an increment in the salary of about 10% after 3 months.

the amount you could save depends on your self...I will give you rough break down on the expenses.

Rent for room in HDB  ====>$700
Renting a 2+1 room flat will cost $2000 - $2500 (depends on the location)
Mobile Connection =======>$50
Food/day from a kopitiam =====> $15-$20

On top of the above there will be utility expenses which may be around $50

This is just a rough estimate..

Hi,
jus don't forget the expenses for bus or mrt +/- $20 per week

S$4000/month is a very good salary for a fresh graduate, and a single person can live well from it (just don't rent a whole apartment, as mentioned above).
If you can get a work visa (which isn't often given for unexperienced people), you should take it!

thanx

i also wanted one little insight.
my workplace is at robinson road. so which would be a decent area to live? (please keep my aforementioned budget in mind).

Robinson Road is right in the centre of the business district.
You don't want to live there (and even if, you couldn't afford it).
The further away you go, the cheaper it will be - from S$1500/month for a sublet room two MRT stops away to S$800 at the end of the line (45min commuting time), or even less if you are willing to take a bus after the MRT.

could u specify the names of the apt residential areas please.
I can afford a rent expense of around 800-900$.

gothere.sg gives you an overview of distances and travel times.
The cheaper areas, where you might find rooms at your budget, are at the Western, Northern and Eastern end of the island.

outram park, lavender, kallang, paya lebar are few choices

The nearest hdb estate to your office in Robinson road is probably Tiong Bahru.  It is 2 or 3 MRT stops from Tanjong Pagar and Raffles stations, nearest stations to Robinson Road.  A common room in a HDB apartment near Tiong Bahru mrt station would probably be about 700-900 SGD per month.