Teaching Salaries

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are looking to move from South Africa to Mauritius at the end of this year. I am a teacher and would like to find a primary school position in Mauritius.

Does anyone know what the average amount is that teachers earn? I would like to teach at an English speaking school...Private if I'm lucky.

Many thanks.

Hi KirstiB,

Welcome to Expat-Blog ;)

You should post your resume in the Teaching jobs in Mauritius section please as it might help :)

I hope the other members will soon give you more feedback regarding the average amount teachers earn ;)

Best wishes

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hello,
There are a few english private speaking schools here, salaries ranging from rs10,000 upwards.You didn't say if you are interested if you are interested in primary or secondary. Generally, however, secondary pays more. From Rs18,000 more...all depends on your experience and the age group.

Hi there,

Thank you for the feedback:)

As I said in my first post, I would like to teach at primary school level.

Thanks Maximillien - will post there:)

Soph73, be careful with the information you give. The most important information you didn't write - expats can work here only of they are offered salaries of 45,000 RS and up (except for very specific sectors where it's 30,000, and English teachers are not in those specific sectors). Therefore you should try the private schools and not the governmental ones, since for the same job, Mauritians will do it for half or even less the salary.

KirstiB, you should read the forum a bit and see what are the conditions for working in Mauritius.

Good luck
Candy