English speaking trusted VETS

bit worried about my pooch
anyone recommend any good vets???

Hello Gazelle01.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I've moved your message to the Ho Chi Minh City Forum for more interaction with the other members.

Thanks.

Karen :)

I was wondering the same actually, we're moving over with our cat in a month or two and could use a good vet - in case all goes crazy .

Dear Gazelle and Nanna there are so many vets here in HCM even if they are not that fluent in English they always have an assistant who is good in English, the question is can they be trusted? Some yes, but mostly let us face the facts, they are all in the money you will pay them. Pls. be careful, others will try to say negative things about other vets.  goodluck!

Our only experience was a great one - Dr Nghia at Saigon Pets in Thao Dien, Q2. Not only does he speak great English (and Chinese, and French), but his degree is from Bristol university, so his training and experience is with companion animals, not just farm animals, which is reputed to be a common problem with Vietnamese vets.

I can personally attest to his kind handling, and the respect with which he and his staff treat their patients.

MatthiasB wrote:

Our only experience was a great one - Dr Nghia at Saigon Pets in Thao Dien, Q2. Not only does he speak great English (and Chinese, and French), but his degree is from Bristol university, so his training and experience is with companion animals, not just farm animals, which is reputed to be a common problem with Vietnamese vets.

I can personally attest to his kind handling, and the respect with which he and his staff treat their patients.

Completely agree, been there plenty of times with a poorly puppy and he's been ace. We've had blood samples taken and results back the same day, additional vitamins and things given for free and plenty of detail about how to get Rambo better :)

cheers that's really helpful

I've been trying to get in contact with Saigon Pets and no one answers or responds to emails. Does anyone have an updated phone number? We have 2 sugar gliders that need a check up! Thank you!

MTinHCMC wrote:

I've been trying to get in contact with Saigon Pets and no one answers or responds to emails. Does anyone have an updated phone number? We have 2 sugar gliders that need a check up! Thank you!

0909 063267

[email protected]

Good luck.

ChrisFox wrote:

0909 063267

[email protected]

Good luck.

Hey thanks a bunch. This was a direct line to the vet!

MatthiasB wrote:

I bought my cat here since the above floors are a rescue center and this is the only vet I ever go to! He is the best and has been my cats vet ever since!

We took our male sugar glider, Monkey, in yesterday to Saigon Pets to be fixed. The vet was great! Our little guy is already up and running around like nothing ever happened. Dr. Nghia even gave him a "manicure" (his own words). We will definitely be going to him again.

Thank you for the info, I will check them out.