Algerians MD working on the US ?

Hello,

I am a medical doctor in Algeria, I want to know if there is a possibility to work on the US as a medical doctor !

Thank you,
Best regards.

Hi Nesrine23,

Your topic is now on the USA forum for more visibility.

Wish you good luck in your search,
Christine
Expat.com team

Dear sister,

Just go through the process of obtaining visa , be careful since it might illegal immigration and they will put you in the jail

it happened for one of friend , he is lawyer and they put him in the jail for almost one year and they deported him from United State and banned for almost 8 yrs , I really shocked about his case , it is not heaven or paradise , United state government changed drastically last 13 yrs due to unfair of distributing the wealth of the humanbeings on earth.( No more equal opportunities like before and fendementals of libralism , it is totally different now )

Hello, who told you that i will not get a visa ? I just asked how can I be able to work as MD in the US since I have an Algerian diploma.

Best regards.

If your degrees are recognized in the United States and you can pass all the licensing requirements and an American hospital is willing to sponsor you, it should be easy.

Dear sister ,

it is not simple as you thought , United state Gov rules become complicated espcailly for professional and it might consume number of your living yrs to get the green card for work in United state , I have started applying since 2002 and I spend as much as 10'000 USD on application of DV for professional and I went through all the requirements , even Iam Mechanical Engineering degree holder graduated from reputable school (US standard school and I am holding MBA from American University with its branch on GCC (Bahrain New York Tech University )and I have PMP certifications and CCC and many american credentials, and they are not worthing immigration to United State as per their law , I don't know if it is due to our roots since we are middle eastern or arab ethnicity ,( every year they told me , we hope the luch for next year, It was dream of mine to be american or live in america ) it seemed to me their Job Market fully saturated to its full capacity and they have tremendous applicants from all over the world , I know that it is type of disappionted news, but is is the Truth & Fact , I hope you will get the luck with your MD degree to find job with your experience and I wish you all the best .

Nesrine23 wrote:

Hello, who told you that i will not get a visa ? I just asked how can I be able to work as MD in the US since I have an Algerian diploma.

Best regards.

there's some possibilities :

1 / get recommended by a couple of high educated aka well known doctors in Algeria
<< this will value more your application when you demand visa

this may take time

2/ win the lottery
<< its all about chance <<

3/ get a visa work
<< get in contact with some  hospitals, or investors who are ready to sponsor and hire you in the United states
this also may take time

I Wish  I Could Help More
Good Luck  :)

My wife is a doctor from Vietnam. The normal process is for a foreign doctor to get a "student visa" to study at Kaplan university or something like that. Kaplan is a test-prep school. Then the doctor will come to the US and study for the US Medical License Exam (USMLE). Once you pass 3 steps (Step 1, Step 1CK, Step 2CS), then you can apply for a residency. Once you work for several years as a resident, you will be able to practice medicine. If you want a green card for the US, you have to practice in a "high-needs" area for several years, and then they will give you a green card. If you google Kaplan, they should be able to provide a good overview of the process. It is not cheap, but US doctors make good money.

[Moderated: off topic]