Private Vietnamese tutor

Hello all!

I just moved to Ho Chi Minh City from Los Angeles.  I cannot comfortably live in a city and not speak the language of its people!  I am looking for a private Vietnamese tutor with experience and resources such as instructional aides, textbook recommendations, or an actual curriculum that is followed.  My goal is to achieve fluency as quickly as possible and I am extremely dedicated and would like to meet at least 5 times a week for a minimum of an hour.  I know this sounds extremely regimented, but I promise I am awesome student and fun to be around, I am just on a mission!  Please contact me if this is something you think is at all possible for you to accommodate.

dclemmer wrote:

Hello all!

I just moved to Ho Chi Minh City from Los Angeles.  I cannot comfortably live in a city and not speak the language of its people!..

How right you are.  Your best bet are college students.  You should find a female bilingual-ish college students who can tutor you. 

They hang out at the park next to the Cathedral of Notre Dame (District 1) weekend mornings trying to practice their English skills with foreigners. 

Also you can pretend to be a foreign tourists and walk around Ben Thanh market (District 1) to ask any "college student volunteer helping foreign tourists" if they're willing to tutor you.   

One more lead is the US Mission/Consulate place at Diamond Plaza, 8th floor.  Diamond Plaza is located kitty corner from the Notre Dame Cathedral.  Because the place has a library as well as study abroad programs, a lot of college students hang out there as well.

Welcome to Vietnam and good luck.

u go university of social science and humanities, they get vietnamese class for u,when u get basic vietnamese, u can exchange language with vietnamese,nothing is free, u always save it your mind,

I can teach you vietnamese language,  I've taugh history and literature in Vn.

contact with me by my email: [email protected]
u can choose place and time.

Hani.

Closed