Barista in Costa Coffee!! :))

Hi to all! :)) I will be going to bahrain this end of september or 1st week of oct. I'm just awaiting for my visa.. I'm a barista in costa coffee (not sure what branch) so my salary will be 135bd a month and a housing allowance of 35bd and 20bd for transpo, I know its very low. And will all that, the agency ask for placement fee of 22k, it is really bad. So may i ask for a favor? For those who know some friends or relative etc, working in costa coffee can you ask them their salary???? Thank you so much. And! I have a list of questions here to ask. Hahaha with that kind of salary how, what, where etc..

-how much is the cost of living per week?
-any cheao but airconditioned apartment? Is it good for how many peoples?and is it safe there?
-water and electricity.
-how much is the internet per month?
-blackberry messenger?
-what to do when you arrived?
-do's and dont's
-mode of transpo?
-rules for safety?
-Is it okay to bring some canned goods? (I mean okay lang ba sa airport?)
-electricity voltage?

I know I sound like a little girl asking many questions, but it is my first time to go there and live my own, and top of that it is my first job.. so thank you so much if you can answer even some of my questions! And i'm hoping to see and know a lot of pinoys there so i'll not be homesick.. thanks! See you there!:P
-

135BD is really, really low. Do you really want to change your country for this salary? 35BD housing allowance is a joke.

Really???? Can i survive there?

The whole package is a joke. Are you sure it is not a scam ??

For cost of living try this website www.numbeo.com

Thanks for the url.. no its not po, its the same agency ng friend ko. He's in dubai now sa fairmont. Nagtataka lng kmi sa housing kse mostly 100bd pnka mababa nkkita kong rent. I'm thinking twice about this now. Kso i've paid half of the placement to process my visa.and chneck nmen sa poea okay naman dw ung agency at pf.. ung sahod and housing lng tlga problem.

Hi bebe00.

For starters, I think that is about the range of pay that baristas make in Bahrain. It may not be much, but that is the range. BD 35 for accommodation could get you shared accommodation with other Flipinas here. You will need to speak to colleagues and friends for introductions. I can put you in touch with my friends here if you are interested to contact them directly. As for transport, I am certain Costa Coffee provides transport to and from work for its staff. I have seen their staff transport vehicles dropping people off.

I know a few pinoy friends who work at coffee shops here. Let me check with them how they manage and get back to you. I will need a few days please since its holidays here and I will not be meeting them until late next week.

Farhaz wrote:

Hi bebe00.

For starters, I think that is about the range of pay that baristas make in Bahrain. It may not be much, but that is the range. BD 35 for accommodation could get you shared accommodation with other Flipinas here. You will need to speak to colleagues and friends for introductions. I can put you in touch with my friends here if you are interested to contact them directly. As for transport, I am certain Costa Coffee provides transport to and from work for its staff. I have seen their staff transport vehicles dropping people off.

I know a few pinoy friends who work at coffee shops here. Let me check with them how they manage and get back to you. I will need a few days please since its holidays here and I will not be meeting them until late next week.

Really? So it's not bad at all? I have one friend who will be joining me with the accomodation.so maybe with our budget we can fit with the rent.  Thank you so much sir Farhaz! See you there! :)

Please do not have any illusions - its going to be tough living on that salary. But what I said was that there are people who are here on such a salary and seem to manage. Not trying to scare or worry you, but just putting all the facts in front of you so you can make an informed decision.

All depends on your choice of life style.

Best wishes. See you here if you do decide to come over.

I expect the worst. Im prepared to cry. Hahaha please do help me with the housing.. thank you so much!

Certainly. Let me know few days before you get here and I will put you in touch with my friends. No need to cry. Just make the most of it. :)
Best wishes.

Thank you a bunch sr. Farhaz!

Hey, how's your experience working at costa coffee? Is it okay? I'll be working there soon so I wanted to know how's the experience. I hope you can reply. thanks.

@ShodiAbas

Welcome to the forum.

Please note that this thread you have posted on is very old (2013) so do not expect a reply.