Need copy of my Marriage Certificate at Civil Registry Office in Kiev!

Hi,

I need to get a copy of my marriage certificate from the civil registry office in Kiev at 11 Pobedy Avenue, Kiev (tel.: +38 044 236-00-71, +38 044 236-94-00). Is there an email address for them?

I got married there on August 17th, 2000, and we split up at the end of 2004 in Toronto. She was going to get a div when I left Canada the fall of 2005. I got back home recently and when checking to get a copy of the div, told that it had not happened. She keep all the documents and I do not know where she is.

So need a copy of my marriage certificate to get my div. here.

I contacted the Canadian Embassy in Kiev, they sent me to the Ukraine Embassy in Canada. The Ukraine embassy will help by sending me an application to get it, but will take 4 months + to get the copy...but they are still telling me that the Canadian Embassy should do this in Kiev for me?

So is there a email for the registry office in Kiev, and is there a company or person there in Kiev that can provide this service to me?

Thanks, :)))

PS...it is not the marriage that is hell, but the paperwork to end it!!!

Hello relaxed1.

Please note that some off topic posts have been removed from the thread.

Thank you for your comprehension.

Regards.

Karen.
Expat.com Team.

Thanks Karen, I did read them and oh so off topic...lol.

Hi,

Are you talking about a copy of divorce certificate? If yes, then for what purpose do you need it?

For instance, now (but I do not remember from what time) when people divorce in Ukraine they do not get a divorce certificate at all. They also do not have to get a respective stamp in their passports.

Maybe you do not need it but you need a record (statement) from the Registrar of Acts of Civil Status. It is an official document proving you are married or divorced.I assume you need a copy of your div certificate for some legal matters in Canada. So I would suggest you to find out whether this record from the Registrar is eligible for your purpose. It costs around USD 10, issued in one day. However, maybe you'll need to issue a POA to some your representative in Ukraine so he has a right to get the record on your behalf.

I also think that this record could be got via Ukrainian embassy in Canada.

These are matters you should find out first.

Hi GreyKyiv,

I believed that you are the right person to speak to about getting married in Ukraine.
I am a British citizen, me and my girlfriend are planning to get married in Lviv. We were told from one government office which check documents before submitting to RAGS. We were told by the deputy director of that office that I may have problem with my decree absolute because the name on it is not matching the name on my passport (actually it's not much different). My name on my decree absolute is Lap Tak Wong and the name on my passport is Lap Tak Thomas Wong. As you can see it's missed out "Thomas" on the decree absolute. Is that true that we can't get married because of that? Have you come across with any case similar with that?
If there is no other other ways round RAGS then we have to consider getting married abroad ... any suggestion which country will be good to have the wedding because I saw other people on this site have problems with RAGS for recognizing the marriage overseas.

my email is: [email protected]

Hi Tomcat,

I am just posting so as to help future people who may run in to your situation or one similar.

Official documents can be a source of problems here in Ukraine if all the names & spellings are not identical across the board. In other words, if a person manages to get a document at one office with some slight manipulating of words, that document may cause major problems at a different office or with a different official.

Or, as in your case, if a document is issued with different number of names or spelling...this can also be a problem. I have 4 names also, and that can be a little bit of a PITA depending on document I need as some Ukraine documents only allow for 3 names.

Basically, each document should match any other document if they might be used together to apply or prove something...

This situation may not be a deal breaker if your significant other is a fluent Russian/Ukrainian speaker, but a foreign person w/ little language mastery would most likely have major problems...