Salary query

Hi everyone ,

i have been offered a salary of 1700 BD /month all inclusive in MNC Bank. Am bit confused to accept the offer or not as am being paid decently( INR 20 lakhs per annum) in india with saving potential of INR 80-90k every month after factoring family expenses .

After having read some of the threads on cost of living am assuming that my monthly expenses for a family of three in a decent community ( if not high end)  would work out to be 900BD on higherside . This leaves me a surplus of 800 BD which is close to INR 128k . Dont know with this potential saving , is it worth to take the plunge or not 

Request some one seasoned to advise on what should be the ideal increment one should look at before opting to move out of his/her home country .Some critics say that , one should always consider GCC offers only if the salary is double of what we are getting in our home country .

That proposed salary is actually high in accordance o he finance controllers working in private and public sector. Just grab the opportunity !

If the opportunity is at middle or senior management, try to push for a higher pay scale if possible. The offer is good as it is. What about medical and tickets? Are these also included in the BD1,700?

Your estimate of BD900 sounds reasonable for accommodation, vehicle, food and entertainment. 

Also remember we dont pay tax here. Travel times to and from work are fairly short. The Bahrain dinar is pegged to the USD. All of which are pluses. Make a good decision - depends on your earning and saving objectives.

Best wishes!

Thank you very much for the response . Actually medical benefits are provided to self and dependents and travel to home country is included in the offer . After lot of deliberations this was offered to me as final package and basis view points below i consider this as good offer and decided to accept the offer .

Really appreciate this blog and members who take out time to enlighten prospective expats like me.

THANK YOU AGAIN FARHAZ AND SUPERBOO

Best wishes shravs. All things considered, I strongly think this is indeed a great opportunity for you and your family.

Do be in touch and let us know how you get along when you get to Bahrain.

All the best bro, please let s know how you settled your offer. Good luck

I consider this as a good offer , but good is always a relative terms ,e.g. in your case if you have a saving potential of 90 K INR while living in Hyderabad itself , do you really think its worth moving to Bahrain which increase your saving by 40K more, I would have negotiated more. however having said that ,my analysis says that new offer in these countries is not much dependent on your current package ( which is quite common in India) so probably a person who is getting less money than you in India may also avail the same offer ( which is some times annoying !) .
Bahrain is good country to live and for finance professionals its wonderful job market. all the best .

i love this site the forum are so decent and educating, it shows cooperation and concerns... :)

filipina87 wrote:

i love this site the forum are so decent and educating, it shows cooperation and concerns... :)

Thank you for your comment. The chance to assist others and reading comments such as yours keeps people motivated to continue contributing on this site.

yes you Mister, I saw lots of your writings here :) your so industrious and generous in helping. Thanks and God bless :)