Singapore job outlook for foreigners.

Hello,

I am looking for entry level job opportunities to establish a career in finance.

I have a sort of peculiar situation. I am a bachelors degree holder and an MBA graduate from an Australian University, currently CFA level 2 candidate.

I have 6-7 years of real estate investments experience in Dubai. When the market went bust i decided to study for MBA and took CFA course. However, it seems its not very easy to set foot in the financial industry so I am looking up for jobs in Singapore.

I need advise how the employers treat such a resume. How to land up the first job in finance? does someone with work experience in unrelated field stand any chance of getting mid level opportunities in financial industry.

I have read several forums about employment opportunities in singapore and decided to visit there to look for jobs but the visa requirements seems very stringent for non experience. However, if i found a job will MOM consider my previous 6-7 years of experience back in Dubai.

Please pour in your thoughts it will mean great help.

Thanks

Potential employers (and MoM) usually consider only work experience that is applicable to the job.
That means you should look for lower level or even fresh graduate positions.

you are right, thanks Beppi,

Hi Fasah,

Most companies have a problem hiring foreign workforce because of the S-pass restrictions. That means, if the position you are trying to apply is in the 2000-4000SGD range (applicable to S-pass) it will be difficult to get for you, companies will hire PR or Singaporeans for this. If the position is above 4000SGD, you have more chances to get visa (Employment pass) although is always subject to MOM evaluation

Thanks fransanchezoria, for the precise information, it has given me more clarity.