Visa for Fiance

Hi all,

I'm an American who has started a PhD in Australia, and I have a subclass 574 visa that's valid until March 2018. My German boyfriend and I have decided to get engaged. He will be staying in Germany until January. We will spend Christmas in my hometown and we would like to get married during that time. Then, we will both head back to Australia.

My question is, with my visa, a spouse can apply for the same visa, but we won't actually be married until just before we get to Australia. Once we submit our marriage certificate, we can take care of all the formalities in Australia.

My question is, what should my fiance do prior to arriving in Australia? It seems like a waste to apply/pay for a working holiday visa when it will only take a few weeks to get him a visa as my spouse. I've tried looking this up but everything seems to be about actually getting married in Australia which isn't what I'm looking for.

Many thanks in advance!

Stay out of Australia until he gets his spouse visa seems the best way to go.

Hey If you want I can give you a contact of expert on this, off corse you will spend a couple bucks but this person is very honest and know what to do. Ok?
cheers

but you can prove that you have lived together with your partner at least 12 months He can apply for a partner visa, or you guys can prove the relationship together as a fiancé so he will be able to apply for a fiancé visa and will have 9 months to get married here then +2 years to apply for residence that was my case as well.
good luck
Mike

SIr
thanks you very much.... it very helpful... cud you please tell me which website i need to go for to seek sponsorship

with much regards

all i need is person who will send me an invition leter i have every other thing

please i need your help on geting australia visa

godon222

You will not find anyone to give you an invitation letter. If they do not know you then it will not happen.

Whoever gives you an invitation letter is then responsible for you should something go wrong.

[moderated: please avoid duplicates on the forum. Thanks.]

If you are looking for a visa for Australia then go to www.immi.gov.au which is the website for all visa information.