How to tranfer to new job?

Hi All,

I am from India,Since May 2013 onward I am being in Bahrain and working with one company, Recently I got new job with better job description. New company ask me to join with in 1 week. From this situation what should i do?

For my visa and ticket charges were done by my current employer only. At any cost i want to go to new job. Suggest me a good and possible way.

Hi

You will have to give notice to your current employer and abide by their terms. Be prepared for them to...

1. Not let you leave in 1 week
2. Ask you to repay any benefits. Ie travel, accommodation etc
3. Place a travel ban on you
4. Not surrender your passport if they have it
5. Not allow a transfer of visa

Those are the worst cases and I'm hoping none of those will happen.
The only way you can find out for sure is to speak to your employer

Good luck

Joining in May 2013 and finding a new job by August 2013 is quite an achievement.

However, what I can tell you is your current employer can make things really difficult if you try to upset them.

Do speak to them, but ensure you do this discussion professionally and with due regard to your current employer's point of view. Leaving within 1 week is bound to upset anyone. Even I would be upset if my staff wanted to leave immediately. You should speak to your prospective employer and try to get reasonable time to join. If your current contract says one month notice, abide by it.

Also explain to your current employer why it is important you change jobs at this stage in a cordial manner.

Remember this when speaking to the current employer - you need their permission to change jobs within the first year. So work with them to get what you need. Do not upset them under any circumstances.

Good luck!