Housing Issues

Hey Guys and Ladies..

I arrived in Riyadh about two weeks ago, with my wife. I am working at KFSH whilst my wife will be starting her job as a primary school teacher after the Eid break.

When I landed here, I was given accommodation very far from the KFSH site, its at the KFNCCC site which is around 40 minutes away. There are hardly any shops around us and there is a taxi company that never picks the phone up. Having got fed up of the hassle of having nothing close by and work being far away for both me and my wife, I requested a house transfer.

Today, I got my request reply back and was told that I would not be allowed to move to the main KFSH site as:
1) They have no accommodation on the main site.
2) I am living at this current accommodation temporarily, for three months and after this period, I will be told to move and find my own accommodation with a very small allowance.

In all honesty, I am kind of shocked that in a few months, I will be told to find my own accommodation with no experience of Riyadh or housing in Riyadh. However, after reading some of the posts other people have put up, I am not surprised I am in this situation.

What do I do??

How much will be your budget?

80,000 SR a month.

Adam55 wrote:

80,000 SR a month.

:o Are you serious? It's hell LOT!

Is that enough for a compound per Annum?

Sorry that's 80,000 a year Not month sorry..lol..you must have thought I was working for one of the royals..

Ok :)
Assuming you are single, Yes but not enough for any westeners' compounds.

FAL for example has studio apartments starting from 60k/annum. You need to act fast as wait-lists are bewildering long.

What if I could push it to 100k?

They start from 120K (to the best of what i know)

Make a few phone calls and find out:

https://www.expat.com/en/guide/middle-e … iyadh.html

Hi! may i know what exit are u in? we have an accomodation or let me say flats available in exit 4 to 6 ranging from 17000sr a year and up. update me how can i hekp u. thank u.

I live on exit 7 currently, not sure what exit KFSH is. However, the hospital is close to malaz and olaya.