Hello, photography-loving expats

Hello :) I am Mark. I am quite new so here's a bit of introduction from me. I was born in Manila and I am still quite young and learning at 30.

Photography is my bread and butter. It is also through the four corners of a photograph I find joy in things around me and gain insights from stories it captures. It is also through this passion in photography that leads me to branch out my form of storytelling. Aside from my feeds on Instagram via @redmarkable, I am so much into writing, editing and putting up the pages of a newspaper where I get more stuff to get me going day after day.

Now that I am venturing into my 30s, I am setting my sights to a broader horizon. I am looking forward to living in a different country where I can start anew yet continue with whatever I have already started at home. I perfectly understand this decision can be quite a nerve-wracking challenge but I do love challenges.

After much pondering, I have decided Hong Kong should be my first stop outside the Philippines. Hope to meet you guys there where films like Chungking Express and In the Mood for Love were shot, where 1980s martial arts ladies were rock stars, and where the West seamlessly blends with the East in a dynamo fashion.

Let's have tea then.

Best,
Mark in Manila

Hi Mark!

Welcome to Expat.com and thanks for this introduction :)

Regards
Armand

Actual Hong Kong is nothing like Hong Kong in the movies.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

Actual Hong Kong is nothing like Hong Kong in the movies.

Movies always gives people an illusion...