Activity group (Basketball, scuba, running, cafe's)

Hello all .. I'm new to this forum and would like to know if ur group is still up or not anymore ?

still up

Will be in Kuwait in June on a contract assignment. What will be the weather like. I'll be the new guy on the block. What can I expect.

expect the hot weather of middle eastern cities, 50degrees +

About diving...
I did my licence(PADI ADVANCED) in Dahab-Egypt. Some friends of mine did it here THE PALMS dive center.

Hi all . I am new in this web site .I am realy interested in activity group .so what is ur procedure to get involoved .

Moo wrote:

Hi all . I am new in this web site .I am realy interested in activity group .so what is ur procedure to get involoved .

Hi Moo and welcome on board,

I would say for a starter to check out the latest discussions on this forum. Maybe you can participate constructively in some of them, giving tips to newcomers.

Have a nice days
Arlette

FeeAcer wrote:
Moo wrote:

I would say for a starter to check out the latest discussions on this forum. Maybe you can participate constructively in some of them, giving tips to newcomers.

Have a nice days
Arlette

Thanks FeeAcer.
I liked alot the idea of activity group .Basketball it nice idea and i love it alot and i played alot.Running is nice too ,usually i do long walks next kuwait tower and green land area .i walk because i run alot when i play other sports but its ok i can jog .chil out it great idea to meet nice people and share knowledge and have a good time .diving i do not think is a good idea for me because i do not know how to swim looool realy and am afraid to sink .

Hi Everyone!!
I just stumbled upon this forum, and am super stoked!! I've checked out a couple other forums, and the prevailing attitude towards Kuwait that I've seen has been basically: "Its boring, and there's nothing we can do about it". I am moving to Kuwait from Edmonton in August, and am really happy to see that expats can actually find social things to do. I hope I can meet up with some of you and go for a run/grab a coffee when I get there :) Cheers!

@ Denizkizi: I am so down for salsa lessons! My best girlfriend is moving to Kuwait as well, and I know she would be interested... neither of us have any rhythm... but hey, why not? :)

@ Moo: I can't swim either... but, that would be the beauty of scuba diving... you're supposed to sink! :) Of course, getting back to the surface may pose a potential problem.....

Is there any where in Kuwait where they are playing table tennis?

cdedbdii wrote:

Hi Everyone!!
I just stumbled upon this forum, and am super stoked!! I've checked out a couple other forums, and the prevailing attitude towards Kuwait that I've seen has been basically: "Its boring, and there's nothing we can do about it". I am moving to Kuwait from Edmonton in August, and am really happy to see that expats can actually find social things to do. I hope I can meet up with some of you and go for a run/grab a coffee when I get there :) Cheers!

@ Denizkizi: I am so down for salsa lessons! My best girlfriend is moving to Kuwait as well, and I know she would be interested... neither of us have any rhythm... but hey, why not? :)

@ Moo: I can't swim either... but, that would be the beauty of scuba diving... you're supposed to sink! :) Of course, getting back to the surface may pose a potential problem.....

You are welcome cdedbdii.

triniman wrote:

Is there any where in Kuwait where they are playing table tennis?

yeah there are few places .you can find it in the youth center of the area you live.For example i go to bayan youth center to play basketball sometimes  and there are two table tennise.
Not all centers have it .

FeeAcer wrote:
Moo wrote:

Have a nice days
Arlette

Thanks

I also want to meet  everyone here , enjoy life with new friends, that's very excited!!   i joined.

ptstart wrote:

I also want to meet  everyone here , enjoy life with new friends, that's very excited!!   i joined.

You are Welcome ptstart

well i've been here for like 3 months, i hv no friends, and i'd love to hang out, im spending most of my time on the net, and looking for a job, other than this, boredom is killin me, if ur still up 4 anythin, we can contact.... i hope.. thanks all

Hi all.... what happen to Activity group  ??

COUNT ME IN!! KEEP ME UP TO DATE ON WHEN AND WHERE.  THANKS

I guess, the Starters gave up or moved on?

I think there is nobody active here !!!!!

Well, give me two weeks to get there (fingers crossed), maybe we can get this one going again :)

My friend Serena and I will be there late August... and we are definitely still down for meeting up with ppl... also, I know Deniz is still on for salsa... Is basketball/diving still on??

Not sure about Basketball, Salsa & diving...

I will def. be running EARLY mornings, most likely Mangaf to Fahaheel & back (with two dogs in tow ;) )

Looking into maybe Hilton Gym membership, if they don't charge an arm and a leg, we shall see :)

Would be up for snorkeling (NOT in Mangaf) if anyone knows a good place.

Also up for meeting people for little Photography outings.

That is, if all works out and we DO get back there.
Keep your fingers crossed for us ;)

I will handle basketball activity.
I know good and clean courts to play basketballs .

I love photography and taken pics .

Cool - see you then I guess :D

Today morning i went to marina court to play baskteball at 5 AM .It was great .I have played with some friends and other players who were there .

Hey Moo and Nicole,
I'm up for photography, i love taking photos, exploring new places!
any colelctive sports that dont cost an arm would be great (football on soap seems fun!)
message me if you are going!
cheers!
K

@Kalid - will post here when I do something (Failaka island is on top of my list, but maybe has to wait until it gets cooler :)

Does anyone know a good photography course in Kuwait? Nicole, do you think you can help me with this?

Regards,

Deniz

Denizkizi wrote:

Does anyone know a good photography course in Kuwait? Nicole, do you think you can help me with this?

Regards,

Deniz

I love photography . when ever i see nice view or somethin i use my mobile cmaera even if it poor quality but the pic look nice in the computer.

@Deniz - there is a Club of Photographers, Kuwaiti & other nationalities.
Not sure they do courses though, but they might be able to help.
Let me get in contact with a friend and I will give you the details.

OK, after two cool (weather) days here, my brain started working again.
The Club is called: Kuwait Science Club.
I found their flickr group:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/kscg/
and Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4 … 7747247836

They do offer Photography courses it seems.
I hope one will start after Ramadan, and I hope all will go well and I'll be there :D

Wow, that's cool! Thank you so much Nicole! Hopefully, I will be there after Ramadan, too! :D

Hello everyone,
First of all, sorry for not replying to this thread since I was on a VERY long vacation and only yesterday I arrived back.

The thread initially was to create groups for activities and for people to get to know one another. Yet, the concept only worked when the weather was acceptable to be exposed. The moment the heat waves were striking a lot of the members lost interest and stopped showing up.

I have been talking to some friends and members about ideas for activity to work on for the summer. Hopefully, we will be able to come up with something and try somehow to invite everyone to join.

Cheers,

Good to see you back mo.mughrabi :)

people i do not see any activities here !!!! when the activites will start ?

Hey,

I went to the salsa classes at the Hilton, and I have to say I wasn't very impressed.  My friend goes to Movenpick (Salwa) and she says they're good there, also I think they may have them at Palms (as well as other types of dance classes....I think, I may be wrong!)  I'd definitely be keen for the coffee shop meet up....in fact one of my friends are I were talking about starting up a book/film group or something, if anyone knows of one or would be interested?

stephm64 wrote:

Hey,

I'd definitely be keen for the coffee shop meet up....in fact one of my friends are I were talking about starting up a book/film group or something, if anyone knows of one or would be interested?

film group is a nice idea.

stephm64 wrote:

Hey,

I went to the salsa classes at the Hilton, and I have to say I wasn't very impressed.  My friend goes to Movenpick (Salwa) and she says they're good there, also I think they may have them at Palms (as well as other types of dance classes....I think, I may be wrong!)  I'd definitely be keen for the coffee shop meet up....in fact one of my friends are I were talking about starting up a book/film group or something, if anyone knows of one or would be interested?

I could definitely be part of the book/film group. Have you worked on something already? found people who might be interested?

@Deni
Let me know, if you want to meet up somewhere :)

@Mo
Typical Kuwaiti (long vacation) *goes hiding*
:P

@all
Whoever wants to do something like a Photowalk, let me know.
There are still places we can go to that are shady or inside (Souq Mubarakiya or Scientific Center).
Most museums won't allow Photography, but sometimes things can get arranged (if you have a local / citizen with you).