Where to stay?

Hey.

Im making the rounds through different country (Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines) forums gathering info.

I am a young male looking to stay for a few months in multiple SE Asian countries. Where are the best areas to stay in Thailand? There are beautiful beaches so I wouldn't want to put those to waste. Is there any beach experience that includes a good scene? I know Phucket is like this but I hear a lot of negative things about it.

As for budget, I would definitely want the rent to stay below $1200 USD per month for min 2 bedroom if possible. $1000 or under would be ideal although Im not sure what to expect. I know in Malaysia (KL) I can get a condo/semi detached house for around that price.

Strong internet connection is important as I would need to work on it.

Any info will be appreciated!

Hi lazedout,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

You should post an advert in the Housing in Thailand section please as it might help :)

Best wishes

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

You will have no problem finding a two-bedroom place for the budget you are talking about.  Here in Chiangmai, most well-furnished two-bedroom condos start around $600 and it is possible to find  some that are less. 

As far as beach scenes go, it is up to what you are into!  Pattaya, Phuket and Kho Phi Phi are the "party central" locations with lots of bustling nightlife and all are in beautiful locations, but have also had their share of crime recently. 

If you want a quieter beach scene, head to the city of Hua Hin or one of the smaller islands such as Kho Lanta. Chiangmai (where I live) is a wonderful location that has quite a large digital nomad population but is far removed from any beach!

You'll need to confirm when you find a place to stay but the internet is quite good here.  You have to be careful in some of the condominiums because the bandwidth might be shared by several people on the same floor, which slows it down considerably. At our house in Chiangmai, we are paying 1200 baht per month for 30 Mb/s high-speed internet.  It has consistently been above that speed.

Hope this helps.

Steve
thaicanuck.com

Hello ... Welcome to Thailand.. :):)

I would suggest my Thailand is the good place to stay..if you need to stay with natural you can travel in Northern or you can travel to Southern to get close the beaches.. Our country has many attraction place for you :):) if you need any help about accommodation i can help... :)

Enjoy your trip!!...

Blv..