Filipino community in Hongkong

Hi, we will be visiting Hongkong anytime soon, is there a way you could help me find Filipino organizations there and which places? Thanks!

Ruth, you'll find Filipinos in every nook and corners of HK. I am sure you won't have a hard time looking for what you need.

Hi Ruth,

Can you please write a little bit about yourself and tell us why are you looking for a Filipino organizations :) ?

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hi Max, thanks for asking... I'm working with a real estate company in PH and would be visiting fellow Filipinos in Hongkong to offer them our newly launched projects such as house and lot, and condos :)We'll be staying in HK for quite some time then we'll move to Macau. :)) I hope you can help me out.

It depends who you wish to target. As you are probably aware the majority of Filipinos here are domestic helpers so I am not sure if they are your core focus or not as many of them don't have the financial means to purchase property as they are supporting their families back home. If so, then the Philippines Consulate can probably put you in touch with the best organisations to reach those who may have the funds to invest.

If you are after those fortunate enough to have full working visas or stay at home mums then your best bet might be some of the expat gatherings that happen in and around Hong Kong or asking some of those who work in the restaurants in Soho (they are on full working visas) where the best place to contact the community is. I know there are a couple of Filipino newspapers here, but I am afraid I don't know the name of them. They could probably help too.