Asthmatic kids and Jeddah

Good day all ..

My hubby has been offered a job in Jeddah and we will be moving next month with our 2 kids (12&10) who are asthmatic  and using symbicord inhaler for quite some time .

I would like to know if any one of you or your friends suffer from asthma , how is your condition after moving there ??and if asthma medications are available out there ?

Thank you in advance

Hey,

Asthma medications are available.

Good to know that we don't really get that many Sand Storms here in Jeddah.

Hi Ahmadaq
Thanks for your reply but are you sure that even Symbicord inhaler is available in Jeddah  ??

I have the Saudi Medical Index  at my office , will have a look tomorrow and let you know

I really appreciate your quick reply and thank you sooooooo much Ahmadaq.

Symbicord inhaler is available in Saudi Arabia and is priced for SR 210.

Am assuming that your husband contract is including a family insurance, and that should take care of this cost.

Thanks a lot for your reply :)

As Jeddah is humid, this is more suitable for asthma suffers. However, it is very hot, especially at the time of your arrival. Because a large proportion of the population are presented with respiratory conditions, there are many medical resources available. However, bring your child's spacer and meds and in due course these can be replaced easily.

Good luck

Hello  Pietermaritzburg,

My 7 years old daughter and I had a light asthma. I developed that while I were in UAE. I used to stay in my car beside the clinic for any asthma attack because normal inhaler were in no use for my case. Since I moved last October to Jeddah, I had no any attack experience. I am fine praise be to Allah.
My daughter used to have asthma attack from time to time even in Al-Ain city in UAE despite Al-Ain being a dry city.
She is always fine in Jeddah and never experienced an asthma attack, although Jeddah is considered a humid. I am sure the change of weather will have a good effect on your children and I hope so. May Allah cure them!

Thank you Suzan and Rivulet for your replies  ,I really appreciated and am so sorry for late response  ..

My nephew suffer the same thing too but Alhamdullilah while he was growing we did'nt here anymore suffering, we use to bring him early morning in the beach for some breeze of air. Sometimes nature help the most.......just saying :)

Thanks Jasfur JQ  :)