Hello all! ^^

I just joined the expatblog a few minutes ago, I thought I give it a try after a year being lost in Moscow haha

yes, been in Moscow for more than a year (well I took a vacation back to Indonesia for almost 3 months and recently got back to Moscow)
I explored most of the touristic places
but what I really want to experience is the "real" Moscow
I do not know how to put it but ... you know how those  tourist places are often cleaner, brighter, full of somewhat cheesy souvenirs, etc? it's not natural sometimes

I want to see the deepth of Moscow, russians, and the ever so rich cultures! also of course, to try their authentic foods

so if possible and if anyone is up to it, don't hesitate to let me know (not sure how contacting one another works for this site, but I'm sure you guys know ^^) I am all open for coffee, lunch and exploring the city

for now I'll say
Hello hello!

Hope to have/to experience a blast with you all ^^

Hello Manisha
how are you?

yes, I am currently living in moscow and so far so good
of course there are plenty of everything mixed experiencing a new country
for moscow, there are plenty of bittersweet as this cpountry has a totally different not only quality of life but culture shock etc can affet any human being in certain ways

I am not sure what you expect from russia but I do not have a huge network of social activities neither here but I know pretty much how to go around and got things I need and wants
knowing basic russian helps a great deal and a HUGE motivation to move yourself to find out about... just about anything
I am not sure about what kind of culture and standard of living or habits that you've been exposed to, but life here is harder even for the natives let alones us, foreigners
it was hard for me when I started but like I mentioned, a good motivation to "move" is the best bet you have in this country and of course, acceptance, great tolerance and reactivity haha

send me a private message if you have more questions
for now I can only say while I am not an expert for Russia, I am pretty experienced in dealing with moving around the world and getting used to things pretty quickly^^

for now take care!
tell memore about the job opportunity you were talking about
and also about yourself if you do not mind

Hello ladies,

It seems like you are the only ones to talk about life in Russia.
I'am quite interested too. I will be in Moscow by september and I will probably be there for a long time. My employer pays for the accomodation but still I have worries about the russian winter and loneliness. I heard guys saying happu stories about beautifull girls which seems also a good sign of russian culture : acceptance and tolerance. But is it all we can tell about such a great culture ?

Idriss

hi how are you ?
im living in Moscow already 1 year.but i've been living in Russia for almost 5 years i would like to have friendship would anyone be my friend :).
Sherif.

Hey Sherif...is it that difficult to make friends in Moscow? i will be there on business in Feb!