I need a place to stay...HELP

I am paying 1600B for a rat infested hotel. I have tried many times to connect with any ex pats but it seems the only thing anyone is interested in is hooking up...I'm too old to be trying to get with anyone. I need a flat....I don't care where just tell me if you know of a place...Please keep it simple I'm not picky just a flat to lay my head. Once I get more acclimated to the area I'm sure I'll find better its just that this site is to be where expats help one another and I need help. So please don't insult my desire for wanting whatever. I'm from the US and by far its more dangerous living there than Thailand so to me there is no bad areas...If anyone knows of an apartment for long term please tell me. Thank you.

P.S. the housing section is of no help at all...Many have already been rented or they change the price when they know I'm a foreigner.

Have you tried using below link to find a place.

http://www.mrroomfinder.com/

THX I will try....

Do you have a Thai GF/BF or Thai friend that can help you ??
It make is a lot easy for rent a place...
If you donŽt have that, think about hire a a Thai person from one of the many small shop (i forget the names) cost you 400-600 baht for one day hire 1 person, that speak perfect English and Thai to help you out.

If i find the place to rent on the internet, the price all ways be the same when i be looking at that place, even when i was here alone at the start..
Remember it is normal to talk about discount and Thai know that, so it is normal the start price is a few 1000 higher...

Remember to check if you pay the power and water bill direct to the company or the landlord, as if to the landlord, many time you be paying a lot more....

Maybe write a little more about what you want, what you like to have, if it have to be close to every thing, can be a little bit away and so. If there is some area you like more...
How big a place and so on...

Every apartment i look at have all ways being for 6 or 12 month contract, so i am sure you can find that as well..

I use this site the last 3 times i need to find a place..
ddproperty

[moderated: no free ad on the forum. Please post in housing section. Thanks.]