Places to visit in Belize

Hi,

For the ones living in Belize, what would you suggest to discover the country?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Belize, the tourist sites?

How to visit the country in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in Belize?

Thank you in advance for participating. ;)

Julie

When we had friends come to visit we would leave the BC airport and stop at the Belize Zoo.  From there we would go to San Ignacio and stay at the Maya Mountain Inn. (Be sure to book ahead). The next morning we would visit Xunantunich and then on to have a lunch  of BBQ chicken on the road back through San Ignacio. I don't remember the name of the place but it is right on the road and you will smell the BBQ.  They have great home made pies.

Nothing to see in Belmopan, so whizzed through there on our way back to Plantation, where we lived.  Usually got there in time for dinner on the porch and a bonfire on the beach after dark.  We lived there, so hard for me to think like a tourist in Placencia.  Rumfish Restaurant is a don't miss.  Also Maya Beach has some wonderful and reasonably priced places to eat right on the water. We used to all go to Lost Reef on Sunday afternoon, and the Maya Beach Hotel has coconut chicken that is unparalleled. Tutti Frutti, in Placencia is the ultimate frozen dessert experience.  I always wanted to try the various flavors, but once I had the coconut ice cream I never did because I could not imagine how anything could be better.

If you do not do anything else, contact Charles Leslie and take a boat trip to Tarpon Caye.  You can go for the day or go and stay on the Caye for several days.  I can't even tell you how wonderful it is.  If there is one fish left in the Caribbean, the Leslie's will help you find it and catch it.  Then they cook it on the Caye for lunch.  Take your bathing suit so that you can go snorkeling on the gorgeous reefs that are right off the Caye.  You can walk out to them.  Just unbelievable.

Don't miss the jungle! Try a Zipline at Bocawina or cave tubing the ATM cave!

Hi Melly!!
would you like to learn spanish??? I can be of some help ..
I would like to find someone,to improve my english ...you are american , so, we can hep each other ..I think ..
[Moderated: pls avoid your personal details on the Forum for safety reasons]

looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Fran