Places to visit in Surabaya

Hi,

For the ones living in Surabaya, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Surabaya, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in Surabaya?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

Hi julie so far for me taman safari is the best if you are more into animals and nature. :)

Well, me and my friends went to Songa in Probolinggo couple weeks ago (Probolinggo is a city in Jawa Timur and take 5-6 hours trip by car from Surabaya). Probolinggo is a small city and Songa is a place that I really recommended if you love rafting. They have 16km river and I promise you, it is a rafting adventure that you'l never forget. You'll see monkeys is the side of the river, see bat cave during the rafting adventure and if you lucky, there's a snake cave where you can see the snake from far away. :) the price is cheap, the place is great and the people are nice :D
But if you stay just in Surabaya, well, there's a zoo that you can visit, but I don't think the zoo is a great place to be visited... there are lots of animal that die in these past few months. So, if I were you, I'll spend my day to try Surabaya's culinary :)