Places to visit in Dhaka

Hi,

For the ones living in Dhaka, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Dhaka, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in Dhaka?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

You can visit many places in Dhaka. You can visit "Lalbag Fort" it is very nice place as Historical/Archeological nice site for visiting. You can visit "Sonargaon" and many more places.

Villages near Dhaka is also nice.

You feel free to communicate with me for any information

if you really want to know any contrys culture and different festival then i suggest u to first visite this country museum. if you want to know bangladesh then first go to our museum. our musuem in the center of dhaka city.

thanks

In dhaka, now a days people hang out in hatir jheel quite often.

1 week holiday in Dhaka? Please, don't waste your holiday. 1 or 2 days is enough because there is nothing much to see in dhaka. You can visit parliament building, ahsan manjil (in old dhaka), national museum may be. If you are interested in animals, you can go to mirpur zoo, now days its much better and cleaner than before.

For holiday, I would recommend places outside dhaka such as bandarban, saint martin. Spend 1 or 2 days in a tea resort in Sri Mangal (sylhet)...lovely experience. Sundarban is also good.

national museum would be a waste of time if u ask my opinion, in a way of saying there is a lot of place to visit in Dhaka, first of all take a map of Dhaka and start from one end, in my opinion the south, its mostly narrow street and historical places, the Ahsan Manzil, Lalbagh Fort, Boro Katara, Hosni Dalan, jus to name a few and yes lots of places to get street foods (typical Dhaka specials) there head on to the Dhaka University campus, u will find a few parks nearby, then go to Badruddaza Market, or Mall opposite Dhaka College a shopping heaven for any tourist, Theres also Bongo Bazar another favorite shopping spot for tourists given u have the bargaining skills. Theres a lake at Dhanmondi and many more shopping malls and food courts at the area, Bashundahra shopping Mall is one of the largest Malls in the country. National Parliament building is a place many tourist would like to visit, it even has a few gardens and parks around it, but one must take special permission to get a tour on the inside of the parliament building and the MP Hostel, these are just a few spots tht i can recal at the moment but as a person heads north in the city the get to see a more modern and upscale side of the city dwellers, Dhaka city itself is 400 years old, so theres always something in every corner u jus need to have the proper interest to get the feel of it, keeping an honest and friendly guide with you would help a great deal in choosing spots and bargaining deals