Places to visit in Sharjah

Hi,

For the ones living in Sharjah, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Sharjah, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days or for a week of holidays in Sharjah?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

Al-Majaz Waterfront ... one of my fav !!! :)

Al-Qasba as well !!

There are a number of museums of various types; you could also drive through the desert into Dhaid, Fujaira or Dibba and experience the areas.  For beaches and mountains go to Khorfakkan or Kalba.  All are in Sharjah emirate.  Of course the now developed waterfront is a good attraction for local drives as well.

All depends on what interests your visitor as they are all different of course! For my visitors I have taken them to the historical area by Rolla where they can see the traditional houses and several museums. The Central (blue)souk is a great place to wander and barter for some traditional souvenirs of rugs, pashminas, silver jewellery, lanterns and much more and to the material souks not forgetting one of the many malls including Mega Mall or Sahara Centre. A visit to the car museum (on the Dhaid road just past Sharjah airport) or the golf and shooting club which also has a ladies and gents salon. An evening desert safari (with collection by car from Sharjah) out to the desert to watch a show and have a henna hand painting as a memory of your visit here.